Tropo free sms client api class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CreativityKills View Post
    So if I'm "developing" a new site that allows people send free messages I can't use it?!
    I assume you're smart enough to know the difference between development and production. If you're testing your code, then use Tropo's development environment. But if you're putting this live for people to use and send hundreds or thousands of messages per day, then no, you cannot freeload from Tropo.

Added after 2 minutes:

Originally posted by pichiriche
    Minalee and 100 times prompted use the version 1.0 is the easiest to use... And tropo now not work cdma operators only gsm, test on gsm operators in you country
    Tropo does work with CDMA providers, but any platform that sends SMS from one country to the next will have some carriers in some countries they cannot reach. Tropo can reach about 900 carriers worldwide.
    Last edited by akalsey; 11.06.11, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by minalee
      akalsey many pople use and not share and tropo not working too ok buddy?? tropo are a creap now... only want money
      Tropo is working just fine, and is sending millions of messages per hour. Your account (and those of many of the other people who are using this forum) was disabled for abusing Tropo.

Tropo is a business - we exist to make money. We offer the free developer program so that people can test it out without paying. But if you want to use it for your site's users, then you need to pay for it. When we send a message, we have to pay the carrier the message goes to. When we make a phone call, we have to pay the carriers. You're asking that we just give that to you for free and lose money just because you really, really want us to?

Comment

Originally posted by akalsey View Post
        Tropo is working just fine, and is sending millions of messages per hour. Your account (and those of many of the other people who are using this forum) was disabled for abusing Tropo.

Tropo is a business - we exist to make money. We offer the free developer program so that people can test it out without paying. But if you want to use it for your site's users, then you need to pay for it. When we send a message, we have to pay the carrier the message goes to. When we make a phone call, we have to pay the carriers. You're asking that we just give that to you for free and lose money just because you really, really want us to?
        This is understandable but, hypothetically, if im creating applications thats supposed to send mobile confirmation messages to verify users numbers and this application is supposed to be international in nature, how am i supposed to "test" the network outreach if i dont get testers from other regions involved. If im going to be paying for a service, I need to know its worth it, not just because people say it is, but because I think it is. How else do you get site testimonials.

This library I created started as a class I was trying to implement for my own use in my own application, but I shared it as many people seemed to be interested in it, what its used for is not my business but I had plans of developing it to suite my application, and that I was doing until it was disabled and my application's interface was broken. To see what i mean try this link to the mobile site. It may have been disabled due to inactivity on my part because of trying to find new alternative methods.

Basically though, I can never know if the verification code gets delivered so as to verify the mobile number, explain to me how "testing" is then possible in this situation.

Comment

The tropo guy (akalsey) is watching you guys...better dont put your link here..otherwise you will get your account banned.

This company wont go far from the way they handle the tickets....they open free for developers like us but we cannot use that service for our visitors. How we are gonna know that it works for other carriers in other countries? This doesnt make sense at all....They are lousy!
          I will not pay even single cent to this stupid company.

Please help to spread the word to the rest of the developers and bring their reputation down!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by akalsey View Post
            Tropo is not free and never has been. We allow developers to build and test their applications for free, but require payment to use our services in production. Once you're done writing and testing your application, you must pay for it.

It's only $3 per number and text messages start at 1 cent each.

For everyone who is having trouble getting your code working, there's nothing wrong with Tropo, we're just not allowing your applications to run. Add a credit card and upgrade to production and we'll be happy to turn your applications on.

--
            Adam Kalsey
            Tropo Product Manager

Tropo News: Tropo Blog - Simple phone, SMS Text Messaging, IM and Twitter web service API | @Tropo
            Change log: Tropo Changes | @TropoChanges
            Service status announcements: Tropo Status
            if this would be free of charge service...
            i'd understand that it doesnt send to alll networks...
            but since this this is paid service... it is pretty much USELESS !
            it doesnt send SMS to slovenian mobile networks !
            so feel free to stick this service to the...
            you know, where the sun doesnt shine...
            It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
            ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
            ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
            キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

@akalsey
              That's not true and it does not go running well, and test on operators that worked and now does not work anymore, I communicated with 2 operators for phone call and they told me that the problem is in trope and if you agree to receive via sms web... And providing in Paraguay and does not work in Colombia and does not work, and does not work in Chile, in Mexico only in a one operator works, Venezuela does not work only one operator. In conclusions that developer will want to pay for a service that can provide and then pay if it will not work and will be pure garbage? It is better to pay the sms services is 2 or 3 cents but you really do work and are serious and responsible companies. Finally we can deduce that trope does not work...

Comment

nevermind....try new service from http://coding-talk.com/f16/get-free-...-twilio-11127/

Comment

admin here is problem

its say Invalid verification try again.
                  i add my token in config.php
                  // Your tropo api token
                  define('TROPO_API_TOKEN', '******7116c42********');

free sms client always say Invalid verification try again.but if

its works and sms send fine.
                  where is the problem FREE SMS CLIENT
                  Last edited by Roney Hasan; 14.01.13, 06:55.

Comment

Working...
                  X