Copyright BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copyright BS

You wont believe this one, some web design company is sueing me for apparently copying words or services. Firstly, i never once copied any of the content from that site. Secondly and most probably my biggest argument is the following. on my website i listed services i offer such as:

Basic HTML websites
    Domain Registrations (over 30 TLD's)
    Advanced PHP programming
    Small to Large Corporate Web Development
    Corporate Branding
    Standard to Advanced Web Development and Engineering
    eCommerce Web Development
    Custom Built Content Management Systems (CMS)
    Graphic Design Services
    Custom Web Hosting Solutions
    Basic and Advanced Flash Animation
    Advanced Search Engine Optimisation

these services are mostly standard and many webdesign sites offer the same thing. i dont even have the same layout as this other site but there are certain lines he says i have copied.

surely words or sentences cannot be copywrited ?
    sigpic

|~~Dont forget to say thanx~~|

in some case they are but not always copyrighted...

First thing is to do is check his site age to yours then go from there
    Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
    Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
    _______
    SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
    Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
    FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
    _______
    Info & Tips
    php.net
    w3schools.com

Comment

his site is newer. but what i cant understand is that if i display that as like many other design companies do. how can you copywrite it?
      sigpic

Comment

lol just tell them to **** off, if you get taken to court there's no case against this and you can thus sue them for loss of earnings

nobody can copyright/trademark common words or sentences inless those words are directly part of thier company

its like me going to copyright the word allah and sue everyone who says it aint gonna happen lol

Comment

like amylee said.

He site newer then yours why dont you save this info when or if he trys to take you to court just show the judge this message

"What if he copyrighted me as his site started 2009 and i started 2008 And he tryin to sue what im using As lawl i'm the legel to sue right back him "

Well you are if your site was the first to pop up and his later means his has **** on you...

Tell him don't waste time with bull**** and crap about words !!

Have a NICE DAY sir!! >>LOL retard<<

lol i always slap them idiots off always hated ppl are them...:D
          _______
          Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
          FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
          _______
          Info & Tips
          php.net
          w3schools.com

Comment

word can be trademark !!
            E.g. "connecting people" its simple line but trademarked by nokia. !!

so if he/she have legal trademark then tell him to show you. else countinue your site without any fear
            Last edited by opticalpigion; 01.05.09, 07:35.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, at least i dont feel so bad anymore. and the worst part of it all is that his lawyer even said to me that i have affected his google ratings so much that he is loosing business. I dont think the asshole even knows 1 thing about seo.
              sigpic

Comment

re

if your not in the same country as him tell him ta f*** OFF as copyrights differ from country to country.his country cant take you to court over a copyright issue thy have more serious **** 2 worry bout then some un legit copyright. most likely copyright depost **** anyway lol.theyr just tryna scare you 2 close yr site cus they jel you are doing better then themselves if theyr losing buisness then maybe they should look at why the facts.sending bull**** copyright notices to other hosts..customers do find out thru blacklisting sites whos good or not and theyve most likely gone and given themselves a bad reputation.sounds like the work of frank grant 2 me lmao..even hacking lava script sites cant land you in court at all roflmao
                Last edited by ozziemale31; 01.05.09, 12:06.

Dont Ask Me Dumb Questions.Or you'l get a Dumb Answer..
                Want A Profesional Logo or Theme For Your wap site Pm Me.If I Have The Time Ill Make It For Free

Comment

lmao well im gonna see what happens, they in same country. I wish i knew how to hack so i could shut his site down lol.

anyway i checked on his site is a link at the bottom that links to a copywrite site. you then insert the domain name and it searchs all sites that are similar to his
                  sigpic

Comment

re

Originally posted by synergyx2009 View Post
                    Thanks guys, at least i dont feel so bad anymore. and the worst part of it all is that his lawyer even said to me that i have affected his google ratings so much that he is loosing business. I dont think the asshole even knows 1 thing about seo.
                    Originally posted by synergyx2009 View Post
                    lmao well im gonna see what happens, they in same country. I wish i knew how to hack so i could shut his site down lol.

anyway i checked on his site is a link at the bottom that links to a copywrite site. you then insert the domain name and it searchs all sites that are similar to his

------------------------------------------------------------------
                    so what you do is make a list of some of those sites listed similar to his do a dns lookup findout what date they reg as a site and youve got him beat lol

Dont Ask Me Dumb Questions.Or you'l get a Dumb Answer..
                    Want A Profesional Logo or Theme For Your wap site Pm Me.If I Have The Time Ill Make It For Free

Comment

i can still sue anyone for my copyrights

country or not its a word lol

btw nokia really dont care if you use them words as for a fact why ppl using there phone and how can it be a trademark if its TM is on the side means they have tm
                      _______
                      _______
                      Info & Tips
                      php.net
                      w3schools.com

Comment

Originally posted by subzero View Post
                        i can still sue anyone for my copyrights

country or not its a word lol

btw nokia really dont care if you use them words as for a fact why ppl using there phone and how can it be a trademark if its TM is on the side means they have tm
                        there was a site with name nokiamasti.com.
                        but nokia turned it down because nokia word is also TM by nokia. :p
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by opticalpigion View Post
                          word can be trademark !!
                          E.g. "connecting people" its simple line but trademarked by nokia. !!

so if he/she have legal trademark then tell him to show you. else countinue your site without any fear
                          trademarked ?
                          hmm.. so basicly if i write ''my_site_domain connecting people'' NOKIA will sue me??
                          lol.. that would be really fun !!!
                          It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
                          ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
                          ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
                          キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

thats my point, u cant copyright a few sentences. its insane! maybe a slogan yes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X