What is GD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is GD?

What is the GD of an image and what means if the GD is not present? I crashed with this error when tried uploading a .jpg file.
    Thank you!
    mysterio.al - programming is a functional art

Copy nd paste here the error

Comment

GD extension is not essential: it is used to resize avatars and logos (minor) and to create thumbnails for uploaded images in Files section of project
      left wap stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterio3 View Post
        What is the GD of an image and what means if the GD is not present? I crashed with this error when tried uploading a .jpg file.
        Thank you!
        i presume ur using phpthumbs just get server admin to install it with apache.
        Want something coded email me at sales@webnwaphost.com for a prices.

Comment

GD (Graphic Display) is a open source source code library used to create on the fly images. Most web hosts will profivide this extension along with there installation of php (If they installed it). Ask them if it is installed or if they will enable it for your access group.

Without knowing the error i cant say more than that. Hosts not allowing url access can also cause errors while using the GD library

Comment

well, guys, i am trying to make a website like hotornot.com and i work in my own computer (xampp server). when i try to upload the file, i see
            Error: GD doesn't seem to be present!
            If you need, i will post the code (but i am using mobile now)

Comment

i had a problm with lava id card, the id (image) wont show if user has uploaded a photo. Is it bcoz my host doesnt support GD?? if so, can i make it enable such us register global which we can turn it on/off??

Comment

Seems i had mess up something in class.upload.php. I replaced it with a new one, and its working ok.

Comment

Working...
                X