Create A Site Like 2wapworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create A Site Like 2wapworld

Hello guys.. I&#39;m completely nil about the knowledge of any kinda coding or scripting languages, so can you please help me <span style='font-family: "Arial Black"'>what all do i require to learn so that i can create a site similar to 2WapWorld?</span> I scrolled through the entire forums here, but couldnt find any topic that gives basic knowledge but only the codes and scripts that just boggled me lol. I think these kind of topics without me having basic knowledge is not allowed here, but thats what i wanna know..

code it yourself

Comment

code it yourself[/b]
      :| i think thats wat d person is gonna do. he/she is just asking how to go about it :|

Comment

looks like a highly updated unrealx style forums with new features and sessions.. i may be wrong though.. i started a similar wapforum project myself and believe me it will take a long time to get it up to that standard if using the old unrealx script as a base..

Comment

yall misunderstand, what he ment is where to start i.e hes a newbie, @ sparky try reading a wap tutorial for starters + its gona take u quite a while b4 u reach that stage to create a forum if u manage to reach that far.

Comment

yes but i mean that 2wapworld script looks like an updated unrealx script, he could start with that.. sorry i no longer have a demo set up to show you.

Comment

yes but i mean that 2wapworld script looks like an updated unrealx script, he could start with that.. sorry i no longer have a demo set up to show you.[/b]

looks like it but i can assure you its not. i have a copy of that script when it was just in beta.

Comment

looks like it but i can assure you its not. i have a copy of that script when it was just in beta.[/b]
                yeah i wasn&#39;t sure.. after adding sessions to unrealx script and chat blogs etc it was similar, but yes its a very nice script, wml but NICE... clean you know.. i don&#39;t like all these messy looking sites.. gumslones wapforums have always been nice.

Comment

All you need is free time and knowledge of web technologies.

Choose how your site should look.

Basic , fast and wide supported range and easy to learn ?

Go with WML.
                  Learn WML
                  Example site for WML: http://world.2wap.net/

Advanced , cooler and a bit upgraded ?

Go with XHTML Mobile.
                  Learn XHTML Mobile
                  Tip: Learning HTML first gives a boost. XHTML can be glanced in minutes then.

Done with Markup Languages ?
                  Proceed to a SERVER Side language.

PHP
                  Fast , efficient , C-like syntaxed code , and easy to learn server side language.
                  With PHP , one can create WAP to WEB applications with variety of features.
                  More Info
                  Learn PHP

Ruby on Rails
                  This OOP language also helps you to create WAP applications in minutes.
                  This is a new language , popularly used these days , in the "WEB 2.0" generation.
                  More Info

ASP
                  More different from PHP in both Syntax and working , this programming language is
                  also quite used.

JSP
                  An also "can be used" and considerable language.

After choosing yours , learn it.
                  Then all you need is a SERVER.
                  You can then immediately start coding and deploying WAP applications
                  like 2wapworld.
                  If you are creating such WAP applications , this is the perfect place.
                  A very active community , we&#39;ll all help ya.

Good luck,

Comment

please post all issues regarding the lavalair script here from now on
                    http://web.lavalair.net[/b]
                    your sign..... link not working

now its working
                    but users can only Register if they use both caps
                    lower and upper case letters in their password
                    i have registered but still not received Activation Email

Comment

your sign..... link not working

now its working
                      but users can only Register if they use both caps
                      lower and upper case letters in their password
                      i have registered but still not received Activation Email