How to set nameserver for a vps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set nameserver for a vps

hey guys, i just bought a vps hosting panel and i dont know how to set my nameserver, i have read some tutorials ,
    have been to FreeDNS - Free DNS - Dynamic DNS - Static DNS subdomain and domain hosting but i dont know how to set it up, please somebody should please teach me in details on how to do this,

Thanks you mate
    http://myfacepals.com
    MYFACEPALS SOCIAL NETWORKsigpic

To have your own

ns1.yourdomain.com
    ns2.yourdomain.com

You will have to use a real domain for this vps or you will face alot of problems using subdomain.

If you don't have a domain for vps and like to own your own dns

get your domains here

Domain Names, Web Hosting, and SSL Certificates | Domainsite.com is owned by name.com but cheaper ;)
    Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
    Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
    _______
    SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
    Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
    FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
    _______
    Info & Tips
    php.net
    w3schools.com

Comment

i just want a nameserver

i just want a tutorial of how to set my nameserver , even if i a subdomain or a numeric ip

Comment

If you own a vps server settings for vps is

your name host server

server1.yourdomain.tld

your ns1.yourdomain.tld
        your ns2.yourdomain.tld

if you order a vps from me i do not accpet free domains or subdomain as your domain.

As we will need to setup your cpanel and vps server with full root name.

Most case of having a real domain, is that if your free domain fails you fail also remember free domain/subdomain that can be shutdown any time.

So if you get shut down thou free domain this will include your server to be shut then you will have to get your members to start editing your vps hostname.

paid domain you can't be shut down and easy to control your server and keep it more 100% yours.

this is a reason i have not include vps yet as im still doing vps controler ...

ok what type of sub services your looking for ?

Remember afaid is base for home computers domains....

Added after 14 minutes:

Dedicated IPs used to set-up Name Servers?

Here they show me how to set up before in httpd when i was new; files but they also have help sites ;)
        Last edited by subzero; 18.02.11, 14:25.
        Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
        Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
        _______
        SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
        Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
        FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
        _______
        Info & Tips
        php.net
        w3schools.com

Comment

Thanks for ur reply Subzero, i was not giving a domain when i ordered my vps package, i ordered from securesignup.net
          I was only giving my root access ip which is 209.190.25.205 , how can i use this for my nameserver..........

Comment

use top level domain for that. you can set two types of name server as name server modify & child name server as A name, CNAME,
            nameserver
            ns1.domain.com
            ns2.domain.com
            Modifying a Child Name ServerTop

Modifying the Hostname: Make the modifications in the Host Name textbox and click the Modify Host Name button.
            Note
            If you modify the Hostname of a Child Name Server under a .NZ domain name, you need to manually make necessary modification to the domain name(s) using the original Child Name Server.
            Example
            Consider a domain name yourdomain.co.nz with a Child Name Sever as ns1.yourdomain.co.nz, which is being used as a Name Server for yourdomain.co.nz. If you modify the Hostname for ns1.yourdomain.co.nz from ns1 to ns2, you need to manually modify the Name Server for yourdomain.co.nz from ns1.yourdomain.co.nz to ns2.yourdomain.co.nz.
            Modifying the IP Address: Make the modifications in the IP Address textbox and click the Modify IP Address button.

Child Name Servers are Name Servers which are registered with the Registry under your domain name. You have to register Name servers with the Registry, before you can use them as Name Servers for registering other domain names. Child Name Servers can be registered only by the owner of the domain name under which they are registered.
            Add a Child Name ServerTop

Enter the Host Name of the Child Name Server you wish to add in the Host Name box, mention its IP Address (IPv4 or IPv6) and click the Submit button.
            Examples:
            For yourdomainname.com, you may use the Host Name as ns1 and an IPv4 IP Address as 111.222.333.444.
            yourdomainname.biz could have the Host Name as dns1 and an IPv6 IP Address as 2001:0db8:0:0:0:0:1428:57ab.
            Note
            Generally, a domain name may have any number of Child Name Servers associated with it.
            You will encounter the below error message in case an invalid or reserved IP Address is used:

Comment

Working...
            X