open source subdomain based mobile site creator and hosting solution c#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open source subdomain based mobile site creator and hosting solution c#

Hi, i have decided to open source code of PHN.me Free Mobile Site Creator (http://phn.me)to public.

Project hosted at Codeplex, to download go to Mobile site creator - Home (http://mobilesitecreator.codeplex.com)
    For support see http://muf.mobi/forum/yaf_postsm491_...-adpnet-c.aspx (http://muf.mobi/forum/yaf_postsm491_...-adpnet-c.aspx)
    Here is the quote from my introduction

Quote:Mobile site creator is a .net 3.5 c# project and it is mobile enabled .
    You can host subdomain based mobile sites that manageable via any mobile phone.

Some of it’s features are:

One of the most advanced mobile web designer
    Earn money from adverts with the help of companies like Admob, Mojiva, Buzzcity etc.
    HTML allowed to design your site manually
    Use style sheets to design your site
    Code snippets
    Link rotator add-on
    Re-publish RSS feeds add-on
    Guestbook add-on
    Poll and Quiz add-on
    Chat add-on
    Email to admin add-on
    Online visitor list add-on
    Show visitors' country and flag add-on
    Insert images from Flickr and videos from Youtube to your site
    Forums to get help from fellow wapmasters
    And many more...

Setup is very simple:

Open web.config file remove default domains and add your own domains . Rest of the settings pretty self explanatory such as allowed file types for upload and allowed file limit.

You need to setup wild card dns setup on your domain(s) in order to get sub domain system working.

You also need to setup a web site on iis without host headers if you will use more than one domain to serve sites. If you are using iis7 app needs to be on classic app pool due to limitation of URLRewriter

For caching rss feeds and flicker search results you need to have write access to apps root folder.

App uses 2 sql server databases, one is for content and user info the other is to host binary files. I have used sql server to store binary uploads for easy file management. It doesn't affect the performance as current setup gives only 5 mb space to each user.

I have provided full database script in /AppData/Db scripts folder. If you change name of PHNfileStore.mdf database make sure you alter trigger in users table of PHN.mdf . Trigger there deletes files of user when user removed from database

Once site up and running create to create your global admin account just register a user and set its isGlobalAdmin status to true from your sql database. This is required to manage global settings such as database cleanup,backup,setting up paid user status,checking/removing illegal sites

Please keep in mind that i am beginner to .net and there could be place for many improvements in the code
    Last edited by asidana; 06.07.09, 15:05.

working version looks nice,
    tho its coded in *.asp (or maybe *.net)
    so not really for me
    anyway nice work and thanks for sharing
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
    ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
    キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

thanks. it is .net site written in c#

Comment

ok sorry,i got the links..its my internet connection caused the problem.
        Last edited by capofret; 06.07.09, 16:18.
        LDSWAPWORLD sigpic
        site closed.
        im busy with other things in life like facebook , send me PM so i can add you
        www.pinoySG.com

don't ask for help if you're not even helping yourself!
        i am tired of seeing the line "best site", i want to see something NEW and UNIQUE. maybe if i find one, ill go back to my wap life again.

Comment

i can click on them just fine, anyone else got problem?

Comment

all links works just fine
            It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
            ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.

Comment

Really nice site! Links work just fine. Thank you .... and you eventually are the owner of mobile.web.tr ? waptrack.net and muf.mobi ?????????
              Last edited by morse; 06.07.09, 17:30.
              tinyurl.com/earnbymobile
              Easy earning for Indians
              ---------------------
              Alternative mobile advertising network .. Minimum 100 USD pay / NET15 pay cycle, Good Brand, Best targeting for Android
              goo.gl/6vub3

Comment

Originally posted by morse View Post
                Really nice site! Links work just fine. Thank you .... and you eventually are the owner of mobile.web.tr ? waptrack.net and muf.mobi ?????????
                i doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by metulj View Post
                  i doubt...

actually it is his script, its in the support forums of mobile.web.tr

Comment

Originally posted by Vicelord View Post
                    actually it is his script, its in the support forums of mobile.web.tr
                    is he?? but maybe the creator of this script and mobile.web.tr is the same.

nice share! i like this wap builder
                    LDSWAPWORLD sigpic
                    site closed.
                    im busy with other things in life like facebook , send me PM so i can add you
                    www.pinoySG.com

don't ask for help if you're not even helping yourself!
                    i am tired of seeing the line "best site", i want to see something NEW and UNIQUE. maybe if i find one, ill go back to my wap life again.

Comment

Originally posted by capofret View Post
                      is he?? but maybe the creator of this script and mobile.web.tr is the same.

nice share! i like this wap builder
                      is cool but is asp not php...
                      if like my post click:

http://coding-talk.com/images/totall...ost_thanks.gif

Comment

many people uses php it has good many sides but once you get in to .net php seems like rubbish

Comment

vey nice thanks just wondering if this will work on free web hosting?
                          Visit my site

Comment

thanks asidana i have downloaded it i think for this script we need windows hosting

Comment

you could use MONO on linux hosts

Comment

Working...
                              X