Picr.mobi pictures search engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picr.mobi pictures search engine

Here is a picr.mobi picture search script, its based on a flickr api http://www.flickr.com/services/api/

This script alows you to run own picture search engine, it searches for pictures from flickr.

where you will need to register for free to get an api key (the script will not work without the flickr api key).

demo site is http://www.picr.mobi (demo is temporarily not available)

this script is still a beta version but it works fine.
    Attached Files
    Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Pager dir is empty gum u can share files missing???
    Last edited by sweetangel; 09.04.09, 07:58.
    if like my post click:

http://coding-talk.com/images/totall...ost_thanks.gif

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing.
      But pager.php file not found on your zip file.

Comment

gum pls upload files missing and my req script :p
        if like my post click:

Comment

Sorry guys, i have reuploaded the script, all files are included now

Comment

working Perfectly Thanks a lot Gumslone
            Last edited by dayans; 10.04.09, 10:17. Reason: demo not available

Comment

you should replace the logo by your own also edit the sms/email sender in the view.php

Comment

@gumslone
                I have received email Unauthorized Use of this script

Unauthorized Use of ""Fun House Mirror", "Fermentation Lock" and other similar images

Dear Mr Ulla
                It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled Fun House Mirror (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first published in 2007 on Flickr.com and I have registered the copyright. You have also made use of similar works of mine published at the same site. Your "Fun House Mirror" which appears on your web site at www.symbianmate.com, is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. You neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for www.symbianmate.com nor to make or distribute copies of it. Therefore, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 USC Section 101, et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $100,000. I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies of it, and
                that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by close of business (5 pm Eastern Standard Time) on April 10 2009 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall consider taking the full legal remedies available to rectify this situation.

Sincerely,
                Colleen McGEe
                :confused::confused:

Comment

And also see this page http://www.flickr.com/groups/nomoref...7616414338001/

Comment

Yes there is a problem to handle the content with flickr api which is protected and which is not.

Youll better shut down the site.

there are also flickr tos http://www.flickr.com/services/api/tos/

since you dont host any of their images at your server and the images are linked directly from flickr.

Remove from your application within 24 hours any Flickr user's photos or other information that the owner of the photo asks you to remove.
                    normally the owner has to send you a DMCA notice like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital..._Copyright_Act

i have also received similar emails like this:

These images need removed immediately and please contact me to discuss a settlement for the theft of the images. Any images left constitute and agreement that you will pay me 500.00 per day for each image that remains on your site.
                    this "wanna be" professional photografs might be very rich by earning 500.00 a day from sites which use the flickr api, or search engines like google, yahoo, altavista etc which have their photos in picture search. (Im sure that search engines like google or other big services wich use flickr api wouldnt pay even 1 cent for pictures that noone needs or wants)

And how can we contact all the picture "owners" personally to ask their permission who set the pictures as public so their pictures are availabel in flickr api search?
                    There are thouthands.
                    This is simply not possible.

btw. this script works only with public pictures, and flickr api does not give the option to exclude some users from their api search and flickr has its own mobile picture search site: http://m.flickr.com - where people can download all public pictures to their mobiles

Comment

Dear! Gumslone

I install Picr Script But ....some error showing...

Warning: fopen(/(MYflickr api key XYZ).cache) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /wap/Pix/phpFlickr.php on line 186

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /wap/Pix/phpFlickr.php on line 187

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /wap/Pix/phpFlickr.php on line 188

I change also chmod 777 the "cache" folder..

Comment

if you have installed the script in subdirectory of your site the config setting for cache dir should look like this:

PHP Code:
                        $_cache_dir $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . '/subdirectory/cache'
                        or you can simply use this setting:
                        PHP Code:
                        $_cache_dir './cache'
                        the last one should work in most cases

Comment

Originally posted by dayans View Post
                          @gumslone
                          I have received email Unauthorized Use of this script

Unauthorized Use of ""Fun House Mirror", "Fermentation Lock" and other similar images

Dear Mr Ulla
                          It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled Fun House Mirror (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first published in 2007 on Flickr.com and I have registered the copyright. You have also made use of similar works of mine published at the same site. Your "Fun House Mirror" which appears on your web site at www.symbianmate.com, is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. You neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for www.symbianmate.com nor to make or distribute copies of it. Therefore, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 USC Section 101, et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $100,000. I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies of it, and
                          that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by close of business (5 pm Eastern Standard Time) on April 10 2009 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall consider taking the full legal remedies available to rectify this situation.

Sincerely,
                          Colleen McGEe
                          :confused::confused:
                          email him back google image search and altavista search msn search also using your image. turn those site off first and then get back to you
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much gumslone

Comment

gum but you re-open the site picr.mobi??
                              if like my post click:

Comment

Working...
                              X