Short Url Services !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually as long as the var is contained within a double quoted string it will be fine , if you put it in a single quoted string like you just did, you cause an error

for example take this test script

Code:
    $a = "test";

echo "double quotes: $a";
    echo "
    ";
    echo 'single quotes: $a';
    you should find that outputs
    Code:
    double quotes: test
    single quotes: $a

Comment

So your sayin id ='$id' will give errors ??

LOL if im right about id ='$id' that will not give you a error that is how you add over like like id ='$id', url='$url'

see ,

oh yeah most of my scripts use ' ' and '' , '' ,

' test ' yes ' works ' lol
      Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
      Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
      _______
      SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
      Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
      FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
      _______
      Info & Tips
      php.net
      w3schools.com

Comment

:P :D

Comment

Originally posted by PHP.net
          the PHP Parser will not attempt to parse strings encapsulated in single quotes (as opposed to strings within double quotes) and therefore outputs exactly what it's being fed with
          i know what u mean now .. and you still dont need single quotes.. ur referring to single quotes used in the query parsed by the mysql engine, NOT the PHP engine. everything within the double quotes of the query string is sent to mysql unless parsed by php first, single quotes within mysql queries do work but thats the only time they do

but back to ur comment.. which could have been explained better to avoid confusion ... PHP6 is basically a major security update with some unicode reworking on the backend .. 99.9% of SECURE scripts that work on php5 will still work on php6... thats straight from the dev's mouth.. since the $id is an int not a string it doesnt not require quoting

Comment

lol you trust php.net with you life ?

php.net mad php but they all jump there bits in..

And you think im wrong ??

See my site you just tester aka u lol

thats using id='$id', No double quotes

ok smart ass how this works

$q=mysql_query("update base set status='ON', tm='$tm' where id=' ' ");

lol newbies i cant beleave them...

_______
            Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
            FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
            _______
            Info & Tips
            php.net
            w3schools.com

Comment

im a newbie ?? lol thats rich coming from you!

u said php.. not mysql.. theres a big difference buddy lol

if you had said the mysql engine may fail i wud have understood where u were coming from, but referring too the PHP engine makes no sense

Comment

Where: » Exit Chat «

u forgot to logout lol
                _______
                _______
                Info & Tips
                php.net
                w3schools.com

Comment

i never logout , i have no need to logout

Comment

i was talkin about sql '' will pick up better in php6 as i got the php 6 and i had to use this '' to pick up users pass id etc most of my scripted used now

Yes you do lol more time you say there it thinks your there lol means you not coming back so i delete u ?
                    _______
                    _______
                    Info & Tips
                    php.net
                    w3schools.com

Comment

as long as you type cast ints before inserting them into a query they will be treated as ints and dont require single quotes, and after reading php6 changes there no indication of such a change anywhere

yh delete me lol, i was only having a butchers while i waited for something to compile

Comment

Yeah thats right php6 i got them files from one the makers his type not bad thou.
                        _______
                        _______
                        Info & Tips
                        php.net
                        w3schools.com

Comment

Working...
                        X