• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Ip Ban For Mobile Chat

here is a ip ban script very basic but works have fun edit as you wish
    Attached Files

ok im a noob give some more instruction plz

Comment

ok u need to get the person or person's ip address then put he ip addy in the section and u need to include the file in all the pages u wish to ban the user from so if ur ip banning i guess you wanna include it in every file

Comment

ok that wont realy work 4 me here in south africa coz most ppl on same service provider share ip`s thx m8

Comment

hmm ok let me see i had imie code snippet be4 ill see what i can do

Comment

thx m8 that would really help...in the mobilust forum i uploaded here that was updated i found something of a sim ban thing ill have a look and see if i can get it aswel

Comment

You need to ban the ip AND user agent.. this file has been in the chat since the start:

Code:
              <?php
              $browser = explode (&#39;/&#39;, $HTTP_USER_AGENT);
              if($REMOTE_ADDR=="ip" AND $browser[0]=="browser"){
              header (&#39;Location: [url]http://urban-chaos.uni.cc/s60realm/chat/yourbanned.php&#39;[/url]);}
              ?>
              You will probably need to update the browser string for php5 i just grabbed that from a very old copy of wappychat.

Comment

that is no better then ip banning it will ban anyone using same device and ip so u ban 1 person pro end up losing 100 possible membes there is no point ip banning there is apparently a sim id that is unique im looking into request that

Comment

its a LOT better than banning ip alone, but yes still not perfect. And no there is no way of getting sim number or imei without network co-operation. A few foriegn networks give more details than most but not many.. the best way to see what info a phone gives is by using some code maybe a little like this:

Code:
                  <?php
                  $headers = apache_request_headers();

foreach ($headers as $header => $value) {
                      echo "$header: $value 
                  \n";
                  }
                  ?>
                  which will output something like this:

Accept: */*
                  Accept-Language: en-us
                  Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
                  User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0
                  Host: www.example.com
                  Connection: Keep-Alive

Comment

there is always a way perhaps we could look for serial numbers

Comment

There quite simply is NOT a way, it is a huge invasion of privacy and not a feature many networks support these days.

Trust me i have read a lot about it.

Comment

could always request phone number on registration and send out a validation code that way u can ban the number like i said there is always away

Comment

The method of sending sms verification works yeah but there is no way to get the number/sim no/imei via php...

And at the price of sim cards now days (think you can still get them free from 02) that method is also un-effective.

Another problem is actually making sure your sms script is actually sending to all countries and networks.

Example of it being used is: http://chatabox.co.uk (use mobile).

Also you can only ban the number from registering, not actually using the site.

Comment

lol just an idea i personally have fun tring to keep ppl out of my site when there being a pain its fun lol
                            ps. who are you
                            pss. ill bbs

Comment

Another way is shielding trusted users like in the lava script, so if they have a shield the ip/browser ban is ignored, but its a slow process of shielding each trusted user, maybe if it was set to auto-shield after a set time period of being a member, mmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X