Is it legal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it legal ?

Frndz is it legal to put someone else css in my site pls help can the person report me?

Depends if it copyrighted or not.
    Any way why copy someone else work why not make your own?

Comment

Originally posted by something else View Post
      Depends if it copyrighted or not.
      Any way why copy someone else work why not make your own?
      i agree with the second line about make your own BUT copyright is FAR to blow up for anyone to take notice on a wap site or a little web site. maybe people like ebay, facebook etc. will take action but the other 99% for sites wont do anything and you always get the one little wap site that will say "im taking this to court" lol take no notice! if you want to copy/steal it then do it, its the coders fault for not protecting his work, if they don't want you to copy anything then they will have the correct protection!..

Comment

CSS files aren't easy to copyright, css is simple a way of manipulating the content within the window. Some say you cant copyright css as it would be like copyrighting a G or A chord in a song, however just like in music you can copyright a collection of chords in a specific original pattern just like you should be able to copyright a collection of css in a specific pattern.

Generally even people like facebook and google arent gonna take you to court for copying the css file, however that css file isnt so good without the linked content (i.e. the images), the images can be copyrighted and thats where they could if they wanted sue you.

Its not really a well covered field and ive never heard of court precedings due to css theft, it would be a minefield of loopholes and headaches on both sides as pretty much every argument FOR the protection of the CSS file has a just as viable counter argument.

If its a large site then i wouldnt copy anything unless you really need to, and if you do change it around a fair bit possibly alter the colour a little (i.e. change EDEDED to EDEDEC, hardly noticeable without comparing the two side by side) and the fonts e.c.t. so its not a copy and paste job

if its a small site (i.e. wap site) then steal away, i dont agree with such actions but legally speaking no wap site owner really has the resources and funding to mount court precedings against you even if they wanted too.

Comment

Originally posted by djlee View Post
          CSS files aren't easy to copyright, css is simple a way of manipulating the content within the window. Some say you cant copyright css as it would be like copyrighting a G or A chord in a song, however just like in music you can copyright a collection of chords in a specific original pattern just like you should be able to copyright a collection of css in a specific pattern.

Generally even people like facebook and google arent gonna take you to court for copying the css file, however that css file isnt so good without the linked content (i.e. the images), the images can be copyrighted and thats where they could if they wanted sue you.

Its not really a well covered field and ive never heard of court precedings due to css theft, it would be a minefield of loopholes and headaches on both sides as pretty much every argument FOR the protection of the CSS file has a just as viable counter argument.

If its a large site then i wouldnt copy anything unless you really need to, and if you do change it around a fair bit possibly alter the colour a little (i.e. change EDEDED to EDEDEC, hardly noticeable without comparing the two side by side) and the fonts e.c.t. so its not a copy and paste job

if its a small site (i.e. wap site) then steal away, i dont agree with such actions but legally speaking no wap site owner really has the resources and funding to mount court precedings against you even if they wanted too.
          fully agree
          left wap stuff

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWarrior View Post
            i agree with the second line about make your own BUT copyright is FAR to blow up for anyone to take notice on a wap site or a little web site. maybe people like ebay, facebook etc. will take action but the other 99% for sites wont do anything and you always get the one little wap site that will say "im taking this to court" lol take no notice! if you want to copy/steal it then do it, its the coders fault for not protecting his work, if they don't want you to copy anything then they will have the correct protection!..
            theres no way to protect css...
            as for copying someones css...
            even if it would be legal...
            it'll never be moral
            It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
            ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
            ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
            キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Working...
            X