Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coder to be (help needed)

good day everyone

I have about 5 and a half weeks of vacation with the world cup.. my parents have work to do so i`ll be at home day and night

i thought that this will be the perfect opertunity for me to start to learn to code

can someone point out where i should start plz

a mentor of some kind would be great

i can only pay you with friendship

pm me if you can mentor me and just post any other info here

thanx in advance
    foxofdeath

What u want to learn(describe)?

Comment

basicly coding that wil be beginner friendly (php html etc)

Comment

Nothng in life is friendly to a beginner

Comment

well in that case just coding.....

Comment

Originally posted by foxofdeath View Post
            good day everyone
            I have about 5 and a half weeks of vacation with the world cup.. my parents have work to do so i`ll be at home day and night
            i thought that this will be the perfect opertunity for me to start to learn to code
            can someone point out where i should start plz
            a mentor of some kind would be great
            i can only pay you with friendship

pm me if you can mentor me and just post any other info here
            thanx in advance
            foxofdeath
            for a good start,
            you could just follow links in my signature...
            you could be amazed with results...
            It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
            ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
            ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
            キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

First learn xhtml its easy, css and then start learning basic php like how to create variables, learn how to create functions, using important functions like if, else and important variables like $_POST and $_GET then after you can learn about classes and after all that you can start learning mysql.
              Let me give you your first lesson.
              To make an html file always start it with <html> then <head>put your title code etc then </head> then <body> everything that should be shown ... then </body> then </html>.
              A php code always starts With <? or <?php and ends with ?> and must have the extension such as .php, etc....
              Last edited by kevk3v; 09.06.10, 17:09.
              Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevk3v
                ...learn how to create variables...
                ?? Lol the what. .
                Last edited by CreativityKills; 09.06.10, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by mobileGIGS View Post
                  ?? Lol the what. .
                  http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_variables.asp

Comment

Originally posted by foxofdeath View Post
                    well in that case just coding.....
                    If you're on a Pc, go to the media section of this site, there are some video tutorials posted by GumsLone. You can also visit w3schools.com. It's always a nice start. Then don't forget uncle Google. He responds well when you ask intelligent questions. Most importantly, make sure you practice whatever you Learn!

Comment

@kevk3v. . .i meant whats there to learn, in its simplest form, even 'pinky' can understand it by just looking at it.

Comment

I meant variables and functions were basics... seriously dude just stfu.

Comment

add

add me to msn ill help you learn i wish i had a mentor that helped me learn anyway msn addy is looony_guy79@hotmail.com
                          Creator of
                          Epix.Mobi

Keep an Eye on us Big things coming soon!!!!
                          Need something for your site hit me up here

http://coding-talk.com/forum/main-fo...r-your-wapsite

Comment

find something your interested in, find a source code around that area (look for a virgin source which means basic, unmodded source) and start playing, I learnt to code php/html/css all at the same time as those were the languages i needed to work with to do what i wanted. I started off by editing the faq and rules page of a torrent site which is mostly just html (boring but its a first step), within 4 months i was programming a completely new tracker parser and metadata compiler, something which aint exactly simple to do. You need to find somewhere to focus your attention and do it for the right reasons. If you want to learn to just "code" then you never will be anything special, but if you are part of a site/community and have a reason for doing it other than to earn money or something then you may be able to pick it up. Its sort of like hacking, if you declare yourself as a hacker, your a c0ck and aren't a hacker at all, if you want to hack people for personal gain or to be an idiot then you will never be anything more than a very poor script kiddie.

Do it for the right reasons and find somewhere to focus your attention would be my advice, tuitorials are good for the very basics, but they wont teach you real coding. dedication is important too, 5 and a half weeks is no where near enough time to learn anything substantial, it will take you a year to learn the basics fluently (ive been programming for around 4 years to get where i am now, and i took a steeper learning curve than most).

One thing to note though, dont try and learn javascript at the same time as php and the rest, its not easy, ive only been doing JS for about a year and i still mess up and mixed up between functions and what things can and cant do (i.e. an array in javascript can have no key names unlike php, you will understand that more as you go).

Gd Luck, you will need it along with plenty of coffee, one last thing is if you go the route of finding a port of focus like a source script like myself, find one with a decent community, ot an unsupported POS or something where the community think there gods (most often they are not and have really aweful programming)

Comment

Why not sit back, relax with a ice cold beer and watch the world cup?
                              It beats coding anyday lol

Comment

Working...
                              X