How to run scripts on windows vista offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have spent the whole day installing and deleting xampp all their pre-installed scripting works but as soon as I open drop a script into the htdoc folder. (That's suppose to be the folder where I must put the scripts in) and go to the the full path of the script it gives me the same view as I would get without a server but html files works just fine but then I can view ordinary html files without running a server.... I searches 15 other tutuorial sites on xampp and nowhere do they make mention of running .php extension in xampp they only make mention of .html files.....
    My site: http://mimobifunclub.tk
    sigpic

Comment

Hi mate just do it simple.. download the installer version of xampp from apache friends site- Windows (apache friends - xampp for windows) just install it now and at last proceed the dos tasks default in act. ok now u got it installed .. now run it from ur desktop and start 'Apache service' and 'Mysql Service(if needed)' your system may ask for granting acess for starting them 1st time just allow them (this mainly occurs when using Win7 or Vista) now the services are started fine i think.. now goto C:/xampp/htdocs/ folder and delete everything there and put ur script there ( 1st put a normal script file without database) now point ur browser at http://localhost then you may see the script run.ok i think thats enough. even u face problem try to see the faqs for vista problems here- apache friends - xampp for windows faq

Comment

Hey thanx for all the help but nothing will work. There is an error in the latest vesrsion (the 1 I was trying to use) v1.7.4 is not working my cousin and his friends all are using v1.7.3 and all working so I asked them 4 help aswell they downloaded v1.7.4 and they get the same problems as I do on every operating sytem on about 10 different rigs.. So I'm going to use v1.7.3 instead just need to download it... Also v1.7.4 says that all services are running but if u look closely in the UI box where it gives the status it tells u that apache didn't initiate but its showing its running and that's the problem the latest version is not working.... We have sent XAMPP screen grabs as proof so that they can fix it.... 1s again thx for all ur help.
        Last edited by mobidev; 02.08.11, 21:16.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mobidev View Post
          Hey thanx for all the help but nothing will work. There is an error in the latest vesrsion (the 1 I was trying to use) v1.7.4 is not working my cousin and his friends all are using v1.7.3 and all working so I asked them 4 help aswell they downloaded v1.7.4 and they get the same problems as I do on every operating sytem on about 10 different rigs.. So I'm going to use v1.7.3 instead just need to download it... Also v1.7.4 says that all services are running but if u look closely in the UI box where it gives the status it tells u that apache didn't initiate but its showing its running and that's the problem the latest version is not working.... We have sent XAMPP screen grabs as proof so that they can fix it.... 1s again thx for all ur help.
          i use XAMPP v1.7.4 since 01.05.2011
          as you can see on attached screen
          (i just blank all other apps i got installed )
          and i never had any problem with this version...
          Attached Files
          It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
          ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
          ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
          キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Well I don't know then coz we are 4 ppl on 11 pc's getting same problem with v1.7.4 so I will rather try out v1.7.3
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mobidev View Post
              Well I don't know then coz we are 4 ppl on 11 pc's getting same problem with v1.7.4 so I will rather try out v1.7.3
              ofcourse you will use whichever version works for you
              i was just surprised when you mentioned that problems are with v1.7.4
              when i've checked on my pc i had to make screenshot,
              else you would think im joking with you
              It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
              ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
              ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
              キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

No problem metulj I been long here unough to trust in what u say, I don't know why its only us that have this problem but I installed V1.7.3 now and its running smoothly I'm now happy been testing scripts for an hour now haha thx for all ur help.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X