Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is coding talk going down hill?

has coding talk lost its magic?
    does coding talk deserve new staff members?
    does coding talk need new content?
    or is it time to move on to something new?
    coding talk has lost its magic
    23.33%
    coding talk needs new staff members
    23.33%
    coding talk needs new content
    40.00%
    its time to move on
    13.33%
    <?php
    include ('Ghost');
    if ($Post == true) {
    echo '

sigpic
    alt='coding-talk.com!!' />';
    echo 'Sharing Is Caring!';
    } else {
    echo '

alt='the username GHOST has been comprimised!' />';
    echo 'OMG SOMEBODY HELP ME!!';
    }
    ?>

something needs to change or this site will end up even worse
    Creator of
    Epix.Mobi

Keep an Eye on us Big things coming soon!!!!
    Need something for your site hit me up here

http://coding-talk.com/forum/main-fo...r-your-wapsite

Comment

to be honest right now im surprised the site is generating enough traffic to be worthwhile renewing the domain each year.
      <?php
      include ('Ghost');
      if ($Post == true) {
      echo '

sigpic
      } else {
      echo '

}
      ?>

Comment

Yes, need changes. Bt someone should talk to owner for more active staff with efforts for genuine traffic too.

Comment

I just think we need new content that will attract new users... the ship already shifted from "wap" to "APPs" so a lot of data is irrelevant now. We need content that are focused on mobile application development (android / ios) - that will attract new users and educate existing users. It's just the way the world works, its either you keep up with it or get left behind. Simple
          wapZan Mobile site builder - Yours is here

http://wapzan.com?ref=2wap

Comment

biggest change if i could have here is get every single lava based post and scripts cleared so users can move on that stuff also no body is creating or sharing anymore
            ComputerForumz - Latest Tech News

Mobbest.tk-Free Mobile Downloads

Comment

woohoo i might have just found the only other person that hates lavalair as much as me..
              <?php
              include ('Ghost');
              if ($Post == true) {
              echo '

sigpic
              } else {
              echo '

}
              ?>

Comment

Let me tell you guys something...
                CodingTalk was the one and only wap coding forum in the history. Who ever even thought of building a wapsite, he would come here. There was no better place for any type of coding forum on the internet at the time - period.
                If CT didn't evolve during period of time, it is our fault. Where were you all been in 2013. year when i noticed it's going "down hill"? I posted every second day in averege something new and didn't get 1% interest from auditorium, and you noticed something cold in 2016...
                CT should and always will exists as a reminder of glorious era of wap and web coding. Even though it has no active member at the time, which may change easily, it will remain big library for coding beginers and i'm sure that any question would not remain unanswered - ever.
                So, take you're pity for some other forum, CT doesn't need it. It deserves respect each and every one of you. I'm proud member of this forum for many years and i won't let this type of topics. If any of you has any idea or intention, just post it. Do not expect medal of honor for opening a topic or somewhat...
                I'm sure Gum doesn't mind paying for hosting and domain. But if by any chance it may become a problem, i would pay for it.
                Topic closed.
                <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM.RS

Comment

Arnage all respect to you I was around in those days....... but if the site isn't willing to change and evolve then what is its purpose, why do I come here when ever I can if it is only a memory why not try why not improve and work on our weaknesses, if we don't then what are we proving.. yeah ok people can come here to learn ... what are they learning old outdated code that in another 6 months wont even work. we need to evolve like the other sites are other wise coding-talk will be nothing more then it is atm .... a memory surely you can see this man are u telling me that you haven't changed the way you code with the release of mysqli, pdo, oop even html5 come on man its time for a change you cant hold on to the past for ever otherwise you would be still be coding in wml.
                  if this is how its gona stay I step down as mod because I agree with ghost!!!!!
                  Creator of
                  Epix.Mobi

Comment

arnage i wasnt tryig to get my "medal of honor" (which makes no sense by the way) for opening this topic.
                    i was trying to make staff/members aware of how much this site (as much as i love it) is dropping in respect of the coding community.
                    nothing good happens here. its all outdated work and modified (old) scripts,
                    people begging for free updates to scripts that should never see the light of day again (lavalair, mobilechat, etc)
                    and most annoying of all, people asking for full solutions/code. to problems they are not willing to try and solve themselves first.
                    (oh i aint got the time to learn, im busy. just gimme the code.)

for example i put together a new forum script.

source (working progress)

gave many people the chance to get involved like an open source project,
                    but most of them said no they dont want to put work in they just want to reap the benefits.
                    this is no way for a coding site of this caliber to survive, live, or behave.

so yeah i work alone and when i can on it.

many times i put my name forward to become a member of staff, and try to bring life back to this site.
                    and many times ive been ignored and overlooked.

well now is the time to speak up and make changes.
                    sooner or later. there will be no real coders left on this site. and that will be a sad day indeed.
                    Last edited by Ghost; 10.05.16, 02:44.
                    <?php
                    include ('Ghost');
                    if ($Post == true) {
                    echo '

sigpic
                    } else {
                    echo '

}
                    ?>

Comment

Lol, I was around in those days too, prob around 14 y/o! and I agree, when you post something, no one contributes, I'm sure they will if it's Lavalier*, though... sometimes I start to feel like a cave man when coming here, I only do when I'm absolutely bored.
                      But my vote is really how I feel that this forum has lost its magic!
                      Not willing to change!
                      But I will visit as long as I'm online because if I wasn't on this forum, I wouldn't be as good as I am at coding today, I can even make a living with just coding!...

BTW part of the problem was mainly because these so called moderators including Arnage, I saw many mods come and go, they use to over-moderate this forum... (Where n00bs become professionals)... probably when this internet slang just came out lol... If a n00b posted something.. they always close the topics and ask them to search, understandable, but do they know how to search, can they? They were probably using old nokias, with opera mini.
                      You guys were mean to almost every new user, and always talked about using search and not posting a new topic, so now c-t is something like a site where you can just read! mission accomplished!
                      I use to picture coding-talk like this when I saw this happening.
                      You can't blame the admin, even if he is not willing to make you a mod because mods ruined this site IMO!
                      Last edited by kevk3v; 11.05.16, 04:11.
                      Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

unlike some mods, I don't think i've ever closed a topic that wasn't spam if anything i've just sat in the background closing spam and trying to help people I do hope that none of what u said was directed at me kevk3v. anyway some of what you said is true it is not all up to the admin aka gumslone to repair coding-talk it is upto all members of CT but the constant 500 and 200 errors is making it quiet difficult.
                        Creator of
                        Epix.Mobi

Comment

Nope, It's not directed at you... if they wanted only professional posts then they should have gone to StackOverflow, it's been around long enough and known for that.
                          The same thing is happening on this topic right now, why are they telling Ghost to delete this topic, and you won't allow these topics?
                          Ghost is simply raising some flags that will probably motivate people to try to make this forum better.
                          He is probably the only one coding just to share on this forum, so he is entitled to his opinion, and it's only for the better.
                          Ghost I think the reason most coders don't contribute to your Codemafia script is because there's not that much interest, you created something that's already there.
                          You probably learned a lot while doing it and don't want it to go to waste, but that's how it works. If you want coders to contribute, create something like a website builder CMS for smartphones with a plugin/module system.
                          Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

kevk3v if you read ghost post you will see that I told him he can post this I also unlocked it when arnage locked it because I believe the same way and I also talk to ghost near on daily and help him out when ever I can I dare say that I am one of the people that has helped ghost the most
                            Creator of
                            Epix.Mobi

Comment

the site im creating maybe something that exists already. but........

alot of web based forum scripts you have to pay for (not all but you do) or they have been nulled
                              and are really illegal to use. (doesn't stop people from using them though)

alot of mobile based forums are old, outdated, deprecated code, that should never been seen/used again.

i was trying to bring both of these 2 things together. since the new code is pdo, html5, css3.
                              its capable of changing its appearance to fit any sized screen. not only that, is was going to be opensourced
                              so it would be free to anyone and everyone who wanted to just host a forum, or create/modify the code to add
                              improved features and what not.

its fine if noone is interested. ill just change the idea i had. and keep it soully for myself.
                              sooner or later just like everything else. people will want the script cos its rare. and then it'll be to late.

i like so many other people preach that "sharing is caring" but when someone like me does share a great oppitunity like this
                              someone has to complain "it already exists whats the point"... see the bigger picture guys its not hard.
                              it could of been the next big thing to compete against these paid for forums scripts.

without vision. you are lost.
                              <?php
                              include ('Ghost');
                              if ($Post == true) {
                              echo '

sigpic
                              } else {
                              echo '

}
                              ?>

Comment

Working...
                              X