Gps is not accurate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gps is not accurate!!

hello i have been working for project in ma college.., this is an android application.., if the user is in college playground the application should show that he is in play ground.. i hav used gps to perform this task.. took the ground coordinates using android gps and if the user falls in those coordinates showing him that he is in the ground.., the problem here is the gps system is not accurate!! is there any better way you could suggest to do this project? or with the gps is there a better way to measure the playground accurately??

GPS is accurate but sometimes it may take longer to get the location, your device should be able to receive signals from several satellites, sometimes buildings cover the signals. Have you tried to use A-GPS? It seems to be more precise and faster.
    Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

Hello gum bro... yes I have used GPS to get the user current coordinates.. If those coordinates lies between the playground coordinates then showing the student that he is in playground... The problem here is playground is aattched to parkimg ., when the student tries to run the app from parking it is still showing he is in playground... The accuracy is around 9 Meters for GPS... So is there a better way to show the user aaccurately the specific location?

Comment

so A-GPS doesnt work? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS
        then i guess it required some other position tracking systems
        Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

GPS is accurate most of the time, it probably doesn't have the data about the difference of the parking lot and the playground yet.
          Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevk3v View Post
            GPS is accurate most of the time, it probably doesn't have the data about the difference of the parking lot and the playground yet.
            It had the data of both playground and parking area.,
            I took 4 square end point coordinates of both the areas.....

Comment

Gps can be not accurate due to the Earth's energy being tunnel out of the earth. Check out Adam's calendar (GPS will give a few hundred miles off reading there)

Comment

Working...
              X