• Show
Clear All

please recommend desktop

Hello,
    Recently i bought new desktop. it is
    500gb HDD, 4GB RAM,
    AMD A4-6300 APU with RAdeon (tm) Graphics 3.70GHZ
    installed windows 7 64bit,
    my system configuration is about look like the above.
    when i am converting videos though xilsoft,format factory etc.. its taking too much time to convert a video.
    example when i am converting about 40videos in batch. these videos are from some original mkv to 720p mp4 videos.. its taking around 7hours to complete these 40videos.
    not only for hd. but its taking too much time to convert videos. my pc is just 1month old. and its speed except conversation things. please suggest me good configuration for converting?

Low hardware configuration .. 40 videos in 7 hours .. its fine now .. depends the size of the videos, you can hurry processing by :

Disabling windows defender , antivirius , antimalware etc ,
    Kill other programms that run on your pc and you don't need (from task manager),
    Disable windows indexing service (most of the time is running and "storing" so yeah .. it eats cpu and ram . )
    don't use the pc while converting .. one more thing you can do is to kill the "explorer.exe"
    ctrl+shift+esc opens task manager > new task > explorer.exe to start it again after finishing.

Those things will give your pc a kick in the ass .. try it and let me know how is going !!

windows 7 disable windows defender :

Same thing on the windows 8 :

For other disables use google.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain

And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Comment

well, your desktop is quite garbage for that task. that AMD procesor unit just cant keep keep up with that task. cant see SSD in your configuration either.
      Nous Ne Dansos Pas, Nous Sommes Le Danse.!

Comment

stuff giving your computer a hammering and use a server or someone else computer via a RAT to do the work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by something else View Post
          stuff giving your computer a hammering and use a server or someone else computer via a RAT to do the work for you?
          can you please explain a lil bit that how to do it on server? i am with e3 dedicated server with 24gb ram.

Comment

Set a script up to automatically pick first file on your server then use FFPEG to convert the video and save in different location and then delete the original file.
            You Might also want to use a CRON job to avoid hammering the server or you could use javascript to make your browser do the reloading of the page. (which might be better as you could roughly get the correct time of how long it takes to convert and then pass it to the javascript to refresh the page at non-regular intervals)

Comment

Originally posted by something else View Post
              Set a script up to automatically pick first file on your server then use FFPEG to convert the video and save in different location and then delete the original file.
              You Might also want to use a CRON job to avoid hammering the server or you could use javascript to make your browser do the reloading of the page. (which might be better as you could roughly get the correct time of how long it takes to convert and then pass it to the javascript to refresh the page at non-regular intervals)
              hello bro,
              can you please set the video converting code for me ? i will pay for it
              really i am struggling with video converting. for just 50-60 videos to convert 3gp and mp4 formats its taking me more than 48hours

Comment

Sorry i cant at the moment as I'm really backdated with work for customers :/

Comment

Working...
                X