X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying big file using SSH

Hello

I need to copy a big .TAR file using SSH to another hosting account

situation is I have a 24gb tar file on my own server, now i need to transfer this file to hostagtor, I have SSH access of both side
    My net speed it too slow only 1MB:P so i think i must have to do it using SSH

I don't understand much about SSH, Some one please let me know how can I do it easily.
    Last edited by razib; 20.05.13, 08:34.
    Buying mobile traffic, PM me with your traffic details

Originally posted by razib View Post
    Hello

situation is I have a 24gb tar file on my own server, now i need to transfer this file to hostagtor, I have SSH access of both side

I don't understand much about SSH, Some one please let me know how can I do it easily.
    is it a vps or shared hosting, if it's shared why don't asked your hosting provider to do it for you.
    Cheap Unlimited Premium Hosting Only 60usd/yr Free Domain Included Or Make A One Time Payment Of 200usd And The Cpanel Will Be Yours Forever (No Free Domain), Contact Us at admin@hostjr.net

Comment

well i have asked hostgator to do it for me, but they will not do it for me

Comment

You have to run command like this

wget -r -l 0 --user=yourusername --password=yourpassword ftp yoursite.com/public_html/yourfile.tar
        left wap stuff

Comment

Hello

24GB TAR file ???
          whats that suppose to be ???
          NASA data ?
          why not using FXP with some proper FTP client ?
          Last edited by metulj; 20.05.13, 21:17.
          It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
          ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
          ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
          キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Originally posted by metulj View Post
            24GB TAR file ???
            whats that suppose to be ???
            NASA data ?
            why not using FXP with some proper FTP client ?
            haha nasa data i think he has bangla mp3 music site :P
            left wap stuff

Comment

I think you need to look into FXP
              Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

what is the command line to rsync file http://mydomain.com/file.tar

Comment

what is the command line to rsync file http://mydomain.com/file.tar
                  rsync -avz --rsh='ssh -p22' /exact/location/public_html/file.tar new@destination-ip:/exact/location/public_html/file.tar
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I think this could help you. Its simple wget command.

New server (where you want to copy the tar file):
                    Code:
                    wget http://yourdomain.tld/yourbackup.tar
                    Old server:
                    All you need to do is put the tar file on the public_html folder & permission to download.

Comment

if you can pay me i'll do it for you!
                      Cheap Unlimited Premium Hosting Only 60usd/yr Free Domain Included Or Make A One Time Payment Of 200usd And The Cpanel Will Be Yours Forever (No Free Domain), Contact Us at admin@hostjr.net

Comment

Working...
                      X