Take mega precaution!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take mega precaution!!

I just registered an account with paypal, and i verified my account but just after verification, i am getting several emails one by one in minutes.. i already got more than 10 email from a scammer that wants me to believe he is paypal lol ( and i am still receiving that email).

Here is the email :

Subject : Confirm your card

Dear Mr Intelligent,

You linked your debit or credit card to your PayPal account on fre. 11. jan. 2013. To make sure the card is yours, we made a small charge to it that you'll need to confirm (and we'll refund the money to your PayPal account when you're done).

The charge creates a unique 4-digit code on your card statement. If you don't see the charge right away, don't worry - sometimes it takes a few days to show up. If you can't check your card statement online, check your paper statement when it comes in the mail (this can take up to 30 days). You will find the charge from PayPal with a 4-digit code.

How to confirm your card and complete verification:

Check the description field of your credit card statement or bank statement (for debit card) for your 4-digit code (pin number) and the word 'PayPal' or 'PP'. Some examples to help you recognise your code:
    For Visa/AMEX/JCB/Discover:
    PP*1234 EXPUSE
    For MasterCard:
    PP*4321PAYPAL -- *EXPUSE
    Click 'Confirm my debit or credit card'
    Enter your 4-digit code (1234 or 4321) to complete verification.
    Don't worry. The small amount we have charged you will be refunded to your PayPal account within 24 hours after you complete the process.

Click here for a more detailed step-by-step guide to verification.

When you're done, you'll have additional account benefits - no limits on the amount of money that you can send or withdraw using your PayPal account. However, if you're not verified, please note that you will have a limited amount that you can send or withdraw until you complete verification by confirming your credit card.

Yours sincerely,
    PayPal

This is their URL http://www.paypal-apac.com/sg/verification-process.html , i just verified my paypal account and then i got this email.. i clicked on it.. and i was going to enter my credit card information, but then i thought hey i've just verified my account WTF..

Piss on the scammers and F*** them...
    Last edited by AttiDuDe; 11.01.13, 14:47.

whats this all about ?
    credit card verification
    is standard procedure @paypal
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
    ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
    キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Originally posted by metulj View Post
      whats this all about ?
      credit card verification
      is standard procedure @paypal
      Yes Metulj, but here is what you usually get after completing that verification procedure :

Subject : Your credit/debit card or bank account is now confirmed
      Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for confirming your credit/debit card or bank account with us. This completes our Verification process of your financial details.

Verification lets us know that you're the legitimate owner of the credit card or bank account, helping maintain PayPal's secure network. As a result, we're able to remove the sending and withdrawal limits which we initially placed on your PayPal account before you passed this security check.

Don't worry - even though your sending and withdrawal limits have been removed, you're still protected against transactions sent from your PayPal account which you did not authorise*. Learn more about 100% Unauthorised Protection Coverage.

Note about withdrawals from your PayPal account: There is a minimum withdrawal amount. For more information, click here.

*100% Unauthorised fraud protection coverage covers eligible transactions sent from your account without your authorisation or permission. To be eligible, unauthorised transactions must be reported through our resolution centre within 60 days.

Yours sincerely,
      PayPal

So after I received this email and after i completed the verification steps, that scammer started sending me emails saying that i should enter my credit card information, and to click here to enter my credit card details( see my first post to see that URL)... So i posted this to make people more aware of these types of scam..

Comment

Who did you recieve the email from?
        Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevk3v View Post
          Who did you recieve the email from?
          It would be nice if you had took your time to read my post. But anyways here is the URL http://www.paypal-apac.com/sg/verification-process.html !

Comment

No, it would be nice if you. read your post.
            What i meant was, what email address did you get this from, if its service@intl.paypal.com then it's paypal, sometimes they send duplicate emails, i've seen it happen.

Comment

No, it would be nice if you. read your post.
              What i meant was, what email address did you get this from, if its service@intl.paypal.com then it's paypal, sometimes they send duplicate emails, i've seen it happen.
              Are you sure what are you talking about ? Please think well before posting. Sending an email like this service@intl.paypal.com can be done easily by any fool. If that would be paypal, their URL would be http://paypal.com..

And what you meant by "No, it would be nice if you. read your post." ?? Read my own post..Hey i have created this and its obvious that i know my thread!

Please don't mind what i am saying, but i am just posting here to make people aware that it is not safe to to click on any link sent by this email service@intl.paypal.com ! Its good to see the URL of the link first before entering any credit card details!

Comment

may he is a scammer ... or maybe not
                domains looks fraud but i think its not

Registered On February 19, 2008
                Expires On February 19, 2013
                Updated On January 19, 2012

Alexa Trend/Rank Three Month 58,999

all links (login etc) going to official paypal.com site
                Last edited by irfiii; 11.01.13, 19:15.
                Free Web Hosting @HostersPoint.com
                php Hosting with Web Builder

Buy - Sell ADs
                ADMOLA ADs Network
                Monetize Your Site Traffic

Comment

Originally posted by AttiDuDe View Post
                  Are you sure what are you talking about ? Please think well before posting. Sending an email like this service@intl.paypal.com can be done easily by any fool. If that would be paypal, their URL would be http://paypal.com..

And what you meant by "No, it would be nice if you. read your post." ?? Read my own post..Hey i have created this and its obvious that i know my thread!

Please don't mind what i am saying, but i am just posting here to make people aware that it is not safe to to click on any link sent by this email service@intl.paypal.com ! Its good to see the URL of the link first before entering any credit card details!
                  Ok sorry, i forgot about that lol....
                  anyways, your post only links to paypal, so most likely it is paypal.
                  Paypal uses 256bit ssl certificates so its most likely not a scam email, and they can't get your info like this.

Comment

Originally posted by irfiii View Post
                    may he is a scammer ... or maybe not
                    domains looks fraud but i think its not

Registered On February 19, 2008
                    Expires On February 19, 2013
                    Updated On January 19, 2012

Alexa Trend/Rank Three Month 58,999

all links (login etc) going to official paypal.com site
                    basicly you can see that is SCAM, with one single clik...
                    just check the language menu !!!
                    now go to real site https://paypal.com
                    and se the differnce !

another simple thing while you on https://paypal.com...
                    on left menu click on ''Is PayPal free to use?'' and see the top menu buttons !
                    now take a look on those buttons on scam link !

click ''Sign Up'' on real paypal
                    now do the same on SCAM link....

theres a whole lot more, i just cant be arsed to type :P
                    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
                    ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
                    ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
                    キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

but metulji we are confuse beacuase for login , signup or etc process they are redirecting us on main/original paypal site and i didt find any section on 2nd site where/how they can grab our info?
                      Free Web Hosting @HostersPoint.com
                      php Hosting with Web Builder

Buy - Sell ADs
                      ADMOLA ADs Network
                      Monetize Your Site Traffic

Comment

I already said its paypal

Comment

I already said its paypal
                          Are you sure what are you talking about ?

Even i don't know the truth, but can you tell me why paypal would flood my inbox ??

Comment

Thats Paypal.
                            Not scammer.
                            Same host, same registrant email and address, same name server, SSL .
                            For login its sending to paypal.com

Comment

Working...
                            X