How To Keep Our Passwords Secure & Easy To Remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Keep Our Passwords Secure & Easy To Remember?

Passwords are getting more and more a part of our daily life. With many services relying more and more on their users going online, you might end up remembering a lot of passwords to keep in mind. Remembering them all can be a daunting task. And if your work makes you change your passwords every other week, you’re in big trouble.
    Here in India we have become very Internet dependent in our everyday task. We pay our bills online, we register our income tax report online, we make doctor’s appointments over the Internet, we are highly represented in Facebook and its equals. If we get unemployed, we have to register and fill in every bit of personal information in secure websites, etc..

As I mentioned above, a strong password is the first level of defense you would be creating against hackers. Strong password in the sense , is a combination of Large Valued Characters or Mixed alphabets & numeric Passwords. It might be a strong password but you will end up forgetting the password. Here we are giving you tips for Keeping your passwords secure and easy to remember.
    STEPS:
    Step1: Take a Simple Sentence
    Example Word : “ SHE LOOKS LIKE MONKEY”
    Step2: Remove ‘n’ number of character’s from each word from the end
    Example: Remove last 2 letters from each word
    “ SHE LOOKS LIKE MONKEY”
    Will become
    “SLOOLIMONK”
    Now replace some keys with relevant special character.. for ex: a= @, o= Numeric 0, or numeric 0 = ), or I = !
    So new password will be:
    SL))L! M)NK
    Make sure you remember the method which you are using to create this strong password. For being on the safe side, write down your password in a paper and keep it at a place which is physically inaccessible by anyone apart from you.
    Though it’s a easy trick to create a strong password but on a personal level it’s very handy to create a password which you can always remember and is hard to be crack.
    Do let us know your tip and idea to create a strong password which one can always remember?

For important passwords i take some sentence and type it in numbers on a mobile phone numeric pad. Sometimes i join two short ones.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM.RS

Comment

More than 90% of the time people with mobiles use short passwords or all numerical due to the fact it takes to long to type in...
      Most mobile sites have no defence against brute force scripts/programs, so having a short/numerical passwords can result in people getting hacked very easily unless you protect your members

Comment

I can bruteforce any numeric password from 1-50 characters in 1 day ! LOL, always add a letter or symbol
        Mobile chat, iphone chat, android chat, chat, rooms http://www.aiochat.com

Comment

Mentioned method in first post is simply the best one,
          yet with small ''modification''.
          Every person surelly have some own unique sentense.
          It can be simple as:
          ''I have finished my diploma at the end of year 1989''
          taking just the first letters from sentense and shorten year will give us:
          ihfmdateoy89
          making password a bit more stronger,
          also use special signs and numbers for example:

- ! instead i
          - @ instead a
          - 4 instead a
          - 3 instead e
          - 5 instead s
          - () instead o
          - 0 instead o
          - or tricky one . ((D)ot) instead d <= !
          - and so on and so on... countless combination...

just DONT change all letters with special signs and/or numders,
          cos it will be to complicated at the end

keep password between 8 and 12 signs
          (no under 8, and 12 is more then enough)
          also use mixed small and capital letters,

so, following all above rules.. we could have pass like:

- ihfmdateoy89
          - !hfmdateoy89
          - ihfmd@teoy89
          - ihfmdat3oy89
          - ihfmdate()y89
          - !hfmdateoY89
          - !HFmdateoy89
          - !hfm.ateoY89

as you can see, a whole lot possible combinations
          from just one sentense,
          even if someone know ''your sentense''
          theres way to many combinations for guessing ! ;)
          Last edited by metulj; 12.01.13, 07:55.
          It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
          ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
          ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
          キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Working...
          X