Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Planning to open a new Website like FileHippo

Hi Friends,
    i'm planning to create a new website like FileHippo for Software sharing.

Don't have the script ready nor the domain, but would like to first see your suggestions mates,
    what do you think about this website project ?
    After the music piracy issue in India i have made up my mind to move towards FREEWARE & SHAREWARE

Suggestions for domain name would me humbly welcomed.

Thanks & Regards,
    Dirtymind

good one

filesharing site is a good way of opening a new business... but it involves hell of work... you need to store huge amount of files at your server and for this you definitely need to go for VPS/ dedicated servers.... this is going to be a big investment from you if you want to be successful in this business... just my thought..

Comment

Originally posted by wapi View Post
      filesharing site is a good way of opening a new business... but it involves hell of work... you need to store huge amount of files at your server and for this you definitely need to go for VPS/ dedicated servers.... this is going to be a big investment from you if you want to be successful in this business... just my thought..

Thanks for replying mate,

i agree with your point about going with Dedicated Servers, Storing Huge data & all versions on to our server.
      I already have a Dedicated server on which i have about 1Tb Space Free.

Hell lot of work - Ya, as i would need to keep an eye on upcoming updates.

Comment

tbh 1TB isn't enough for a filehosting site they can gather loads of data in a short period of time, i'll take a filehost site like megashares.com for example they have server space in the petabytes region

yeah 1TB fine to start off with but given a couple of weeks when your site gets popular you will find yourself buying more and more hard drive space and additional servers
        best option for running a file hosting site would be to build your own server at fraction of the cost of renting one then co-locating your own servers at a datacenter

it works out cheaper in the long run as you manage your own hardware and only pay for the bandwidth and power requirements the server without paying any of the extortionate fees that comes with having a dedicated server
        Last edited by amylee; 27.03.12, 18:56.

Comment

well i would start at with my own Dedicated server with 1Tb HDD

if needed shall also purchase more HDD if the site goes fine

Comment

Working...
          X