What do you think of a double md5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of a double md5?

I was thinking since there are sites like MD5 Decrypter.com, MD5 Decryption, Free MD5 Decrypter, Security, MD5 Hash, MD5 Security. would it be safer or just stupid to store passwords using double md5 encryption like
    PHP Code:
    md5(md5($_POST['password'])) 
    as part of securing your site, and if you know where i can learn usage of GnuPG keys can you please tell me where
    libra.wen.ru

Originally posted by s3nzo View Post
    I was thinking since there are sites like MD5 Decrypter.com, MD5 Decryption, Free MD5 Decrypter, Security, MD5 Hash, MD5 Security. would it be safer or just stupid to store passwords using double md5 encryption like
    PHP Code:
    md5(md5($_POST['password'])) 
    as part of securing your site, and if you know where i can learn usage of GnuPG keys can you please tell me where
    IMHO, double MD5 would be useless

theres no 100% secure encryption anyway
    other than that you can use SHA-x encryption
    or you could create your own modified as well
    Last edited by metulj; 08.09.11, 11:49.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
    ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
    キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Well bro it's a thought that counts i guess
      libra.wen.ru

Comment

md5 decrypters rely upon a database of previously encrypted words. make a md5 hash of any crazy word with digits in it. make is as small as 5 characters, the decrypter will not be able to give you a decryption unless you have used it for encryption. encrypt the word on your server btw. the ones who say that all md5 hashes can be decrypted have no idea about encryption.
        tinyurl.com/earnbymobile
        Easy earning for Indians
        ---------------------
        Alternative mobile advertising network .. Minimum 100 USD pay / NET15 pay cycle, Good Brand, Best targeting for Android
        goo.gl/6vub3

Comment

Originally posted by morse View Post
          md5 decrypters rely upon a database of previously encrypted words. make a md5 hash of any crazy word with digits in it. make is as small as 5 characters, the decrypter will not be able to give you a decryption unless you have used it for encryption. encrypt the word on your server btw. the ones who say that all md5 hashes can be decrypted have no idea about encryption.
          like it was said around billion times before...
          none MD5 hash CANNOT be decrypted...
          not even with famous 'super computers'
          in next billion years !
          MD5 is ONE WAY operation
          and cannot be reversed,
          theoretically, theres no way...
          it can be only 'cracked' by comparison
          and thats best possibility atm
          cracking MD5 hash doesnt always give correct result,
          because two totaly different words could result same hash
          It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
          ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
          ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
          キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Old vBulletin does a pretty good same job at storing passwords.

Code:
            md5(md5($password) + $salt);
            a simple function to generate a salt ;)

Code:
            function createSalt()
            {
                $string = md5(uniqid(rand(), true));
                return substr($string, 0, 3);
            }
            $salt = createSalt();

Free Mobile Web Scripts by me: Free Youtube Downloader, Tweets Reader, Facebook Wall Posts Reader
            PHP Tutorials: How to Secure Your PHP Script (PHP SECURITY)
            Want to Develop/Edit your WAP/Web Site? Add me to Gtalk (gmail) 'lakshan1989' or PM me.

Comment

Working...
            X