X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important News About Admob

Ssup Everyone ? Having Fun?
    Well I am sure, after reading this post, most you won't feel good :P

Today, I was creating a new account on admob for one of my friend, and I was shocked to see that they have actually removed the mobile web option in "type of site" thing. Now we have only the option of smartphone web.

Most of you would be thinking, what's the big deal ? the thing is that the adcode for such sites is now not any php code, and instead a javascript code, just as google provide code for adsense for pc sites. Also they have removed the options "Downloads" under the category of the site, so basically all this means that google admob is revoking support for almost all wapsites and also the ad will be visible only on those phones which support javascripts (few people told me, that ad will be visible only on iphone or such compatible handsets only).

Here are the few questions and their probable answers which you will be thinking now :

Question 1. I have signed up for new account under smartphone web option, what disadvantage do i have?

Answer: You would have few disadvantages, like even lower fillrates, since smartphones are not used too widely even now, visitors having older phones would not receive ads, also you might not be able to use ad again if your account is once suspended on same domain.

Question 2. What are the advantages then?

Answer: There are few advantages, like you might get good revenue since it will incur better mobile targetting, pages will load even faster, since they will directly be fetched via javascript from admob server.

Question 3. Any other options ?

Answer: Yes there is an option, but too risky and might not be a permanent option. by adding new site, you will get publisher id which you can use in older ad codes, to access php ads, but then first of all its fully against the terms of admob and secondly, they would be terminating this very very soon, so its of no use.

Question 4. What about old publishers, who are using old php codes for ads?

Answer: Don't think you are safe
    As I said, admob will definitely end and terminate the support for old codes soon, and all ads will be fetched from admob server via javascript only.

Question 5. Any other problems?

Answer: Yes, there is one more major problem. you would no longer be able to use pop ups for admob, since you will not get the access to the code directly, however some expert php wapmasters [ ;) ] might get to create popups for the same, but then, i guess those accounts will be suspended too soon by admob.

So Guys Get Ready For The Disaster

P.S.: All the information given above is my own opinions except for the few facts, I dont guarantee everything will happen exactly, but its just what i have analysed.

Please leave you comments and views over it, here.

damn..... but its okay now as we have now lots of other mobile ad networks
    Buying mobile traffic, PM me with your traffic details

Comment

ya admob got mad now!! they banned my another account as well this morning. lets everyone use buzzcity and inmobi now.

Added after 6 minutes:

soon all companies will remove mobile ads from their servers. i think we have to sell peanuts now.. much better option to earn money
      Last edited by joban111; 29.07.11, 23:23.

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks to the author, this is such a great topic to discuss.

I just wanna state my opinion about this matter. Everyone knows that there are lots of new mobile ad companies popping up elsewhere right? (that means mobile web market is still active and alive which they can cash on it "still")

most of the new ad companies don't allow open registration, instead they reach out to you if they think your site is "one of the bests" most of them need quality traffics, if we say quality traffics those are those who have high CPC countries (ex. ZA, GB, Thai, etc) If anyone notice, most banned publishers are living in India? or those who have majority of their visitors are from India (India is the most common mobile web users, they are really easy to lure or get, which maybe made them one of the countries who has lowest CPC)

Admob is the first mobile ad company right? ever since they were open for registrations and publishers can instantly serve ads the moment they registered. So the deal here is that, admob has a lot of publishers more than advertisers. Unlike before open registration is applicable since they have a lot of advertisers and we daily have 100% Fillrate (meaning lots of advertisers) as time passes by, fillrate starting to decrease since many publishers are serving ads, and many new ad companies are popping out. So advertisers have plenty of options, unlike before.

My conclusion is that admob is not stupid enough just to end their mobile web market, and let other ad companies take advantage of this while they can still cash from it. So I think the deal here is that, since they have lot of publishers, they eliminated most of the sites who have bad quality of visitors (well violators is a different case, but still they get banned), then next thing we know they closed their registration for mobile web. Closing mobile web registration doesn't mean they are closing up their market for mobile web too.

I think admob is just aiming good quality publishers to attract more advertisers, since this is the latest trend now. So far my earnings from admob increased, and that's not a sign of admob ending their mobile web publishers.

Mobile web will surely end, but not anytime soon.

Of course this is just my opinion and my own analysis.

I wanna know your ideas and thoughts too.

Comment

Question 6. What other ad company we can use?
          Answer: Admoda , smatoo , adiquity

Unamos los corazones,hoy todos somos multicolores!

Comment

Admob's and Mobpartner's ads decreased... Mobpartner's new campaign mobofree hve some prblm... They said it's worldwide... But I clicked on the link and they gave the error : 'this link is not available on your country'

Comment

Originally posted by ranjuck View Post
              Admob's and Mobpartner's ads decreased... Mobpartner's new campaign mobofree hve some prblm... They said it's worldwide... But I clicked on the link and they gave the error : 'this link is not available on your country'
              Hello,
              If something is wrong with MoboFree.com campaigns on Mobpartner, could you please inform Mobpartners team immediately?

Comment

my admob got suspended yesterday.. i use admob for 1 year.. **** google!!

Comment

My account too suspended...

Comment

Mine also!! What we have to do???

Comment

Google f****d admob really. they suspended all publishers. F**K Google. omar hamoui shudnt hv sold admob to google. he did a big mistake by selling admob to google.

Comment

admob heardly monster eat my money also

Comment

Admob is such a cheater when they suspend a publisher account they do not return that amount to advertiser. totally cheat

Comment

Originally posted by joban111 View Post
                            ya admob got mad now!! they banned my another account as well this morning. lets everyone use buzzcity and inmobi now.

Added after 6 minutes:

soon all companies will remove mobile ads from their servers. i think we have to sell peanuts now.. much better option to earn money
                            now time begun to sleep on road

Comment

Lol my admob account is almost 2 years old now. No problems at all

Comment

Working...
                              X