Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused

am confused . i bought a domain from a free server. been using there server to host the site. but its crap lol. to be honest .

i have got a new server and i want to transfer the name to them. apperantly i cant. but i can edit the dns to my new servers names .

thing is that if the free server goes down i my site still goes down.
    how do i work this one out lol . not that clever with sorting domains etc.

so if i host the name on free server but use the other server dns . can i put the files on the new server and will the site work lol.

Doh
    Wapchat4u

Topsites4u

just go to afraid.org and edit the nameservers from dns1/2.freehostia.com to whatever the new one is, once changed its got nothing more to do with freehostia and speed/reliability will be totally dependent on your new server
    :p:p:p

Comment

i dono m8 but i just buy mine from 123 reg they seem good

Comment

i dono m8 but i just buy mine from 123 reg they seem good[/b]

lol cheers jamie / russ .

afraid.org wont let me in cos i opened 2 accounts by mistake and hes blocked all access for me.
        might try 123 tho lol .
        freehostia wont seem to let me move the name i bought from them .
        Wapchat4u

Topsites4u

Comment

pmpl dude i got dozens on afraid... try a different web browser... and switch off any ip mask you may or may not be using.
          :p:p:p

Comment

pmpl dude i got dozens on afraid... try a different web browser... and switch off any ip mask you may or may not be using.[/b]
            or possibly turning any ip mask you may or may not be using, ON lol

Comment

am confused . i bought a domain from a free server. been using there server to host the site. but its crap lol. to be honest .

i have got a new server and i want to transfer the name to them. apperantly i cant. but i can edit the dns to my new servers names .

thing is that if the free server goes down i my site still goes down.
              how do i work this one out lol . not that clever with sorting domains etc.

so if i host the name on free server but use the other server dns . can i put the files on the new server and will the site work lol.

Doh[/b]

hmmmm i dnt agree with u..... i bought a domain at free server and i went 2 other server, i change dns nd stuff, and my site is always up, even when tht free server is down...........
              sigpiceeeeerrr....

Comment

u may b changing the nameservers wrong or do conect it via ip thats how i do it and its normaly str8 away unlike namservers wer u have to w8 for nominent to do there stuf
                Want something coded email me at sales@webnwaphost.com for a prices.

Comment

u may b changing the nameservers wrong or do conect it via ip thats how i do it and its normaly str8 away unlike namservers wer u have to w8 for nominent to do there stuf[/b]

when i set my nameservers it dont nearly straight away with .co.uk domains .com .net etc take little while to settle tho

Comment

when i set my nameservers it dont nearly straight away with .co.uk domains .com .net etc take little while to settle tho[/b]

cheers russ i posted this a while ago lol .
                    am getting the hang of it now .

TOPIC CLOSED
                    Wapchat4u

Topsites4u

Comment

its different from affraid rus its str8 away if u use ip, a ent dun nameservers on that so dont nw bout tht, but yeh via 123 it takes about an our + foir me normaly, the most its taken me ios 3 ours
                      Want something coded email me at sales@webnwaphost.com for a prices.

Comment

r rite ok brumi

Comment

Working...
                        X