Cpu Over Usage Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coder @ Feb 28 2009, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    .....The truth about hosting:
    Never rent out a vps or dedicated server unless you are paying atleast $500 each month.....[/b]
    $500/month is way to much !
    $100-$200(max)/month should provide you very decent dedicated server
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
    ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
    キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

i sell when i get more lines and ip in $99 per month

and this servers are AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core x 2

this has tested server with alot of crap scripts like lavalair with bugs...
      Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
      Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
      _______
      SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
      Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
      FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
      _______
      Info & Tips
      php.net
      w3schools.com

Comment

I can get Best Server with Best Support

hasis Supermicro 1U Rackmount
        Processor Intel Core2Quad Yorkfield 2.83GHZ w/ 12Mb L2 Cache
        Memory 8 GB RAM Memory (DDR2)
        Hard Drive 500 GB Seagate SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
        Monthly bandwidth UNMETERED (100 MBPS Port, No Transfer Limit!)
        Operating system options Linux (CentOS, Debian, Etc.)
        Windows Server 2003, 2008 (various subversions)
        Control panel options CPanel/WHM
        Parallels PLESK
        Data Center Location Chicago, IL

For Just 150$/m..

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rich @ Feb 24 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
          Yes if the inbox database table is full then inboxproc will have to use a lot to search through them everytime a user opens there inbox.[/b]

not really correct .. its the file itself that causes the problem not the size of the table... on my site my messages table has over 30,000 messages at any one time and theres little to no lag. takes about 3 seconds to display the inbox and for 2.9 seconds of that is due to global queries which i simple havent had time to optimise and fix up as im busy with my freelance projects.

Heres a quick tip. use indexes. They take up more room as it creates a index file for the table but makes searching quicker. If you often select messages WHERE receiver=$uid for example, indexing receiver would be a good option. Ive known people to index nearly ever field in there database. This is not really neccassary and i advise against it, but since they had over 4TB of HDD space to play with i guess there index file sizes was of no concern

Comment

Thankyou for pointing that out Lee

Comment

To make my CPU usage a little My host said me to optimise some of my files. Will it solve the problem if I do that? @ all
              Wait...
              sigpic

Comment

ofcourse

Comment

How a sql query may be optimised?
                  Wait...
                  sigpic

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vijayan @ Feb 28 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
                    I can get Best Server with Best Support

hasis Supermicro 1U Rackmount
                    Processor Intel Core2Quad Yorkfield 2.83GHZ w/ 12Mb L2 Cache
                    Memory 8 GB RAM Memory (DDR2)
                    Hard Drive 500 GB Seagate SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
                    Monthly bandwidth UNMETERED (100 MBPS Port, No Transfer Limit!)
                    Operating system options Linux (CentOS, Debian, Etc.)
                    Windows Server 2003, 2008 (various subversions)
                    Control panel options CPanel/WHM
                    Parallels PLESK
                    Data Center Location Chicago, IL

For Just 150$/m..
                    [/b]
                    where do you get this one?
                    Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anderson @ Mar 2 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
                      How a sql query may be optimised?[/b]
                      select from database only the things you need eg.
                      Code:
                      SELECT `id`,`username`,`password`,`email` FROM `users`
                      instead of
                      Code:
                      SELECT * FROM `users`
                      there are some more optimization ways
                      Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

Well i run on a basic shared server, 4.99 a month 20gb bandwidth limit, 30gb space.
                        I get 300,000+ page views a day. and running mysql and images on nearly every page.
                        No need for dedicated servers on wap, unless u got thosands online.
                        ive been there before use dedicated server, or gone with **** hosts blah blah.

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anderson @ Jan 25 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
                          Hello friendz,
                          For lavalair scripts I am facing a server problem lately. The problem is CPU over usage. At a time I am allowed up to 15% of CPU usage but sometimes it becomes over 50%!!! Host warned me again and again. My site visitor is not more than 10 people at a time and maximum time they use PM-PM. My host says the inboxproc.php file makes the high CPU usage. I dont know why it occurs. If anyone know about it better plz post here.....[/b]
                          Dont use user defined functions tooo much :P

Comment

stop using fetch_array everywhere too, cant believe people still use that as a perfect alternative to assoc and row

Comment

Working...
                            X