One Or 2 Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Or 2 Servers

Hi what do you think is better to get t servers for sites or to get one server for the same price as those 2 but with a better system configuration.

2 servers
    Harpertown E5405 2.0GHz Processor(s): Dual Core(s): Quad
    RAM: 2 GB
    Hard Drive(s): 500 GB SATA

or this one:
    Harpertown E5472 3.0GHz Processor(s): Dual Core(s): Quad
    Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

this one bro
    Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
    Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
    _______
    SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
    Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
    FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
    _______
    Info & Tips
    php.net
    w3schools.com

Comment

I need server wich can handle many mysql connections and for more than one high traffic sites, i just want to move from this old 2wap server to a newer one.

Comment

quad core amd am2 4 x 2.20 ghz can hold alot mysql and traffic .

ask the seller of the hosting bro
        _______
        Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
        FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
        _______
        Info & Tips
        php.net
        w3schools.com

Comment

I found a topic at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=652306 they say that new xeons are even better than opterons

Comment

i would suggest

it could handle LOADS of connections etc etc..

but 2 of the

Harpertown E5405 2.0GHz Processor(s): Dual Core(s): Quad

would be stronger..

Comment

2 cpus dont mean **** bro

its cut in half so the power of having 2 cpus if one pops other is backup

2 cpus lets say 1 ghz they both will split in 2 500 ghz = 1 ghz share load.

Nothing bad
              _______
              _______
              Info & Tips
              php.net
              w3schools.com

Comment

i will take two of the big ones :D
                = = = = =
                The more you laugh...the longer you live.
                Read more jokes at
                http://fun-files.co.cc

Comment

2 cpus dont mean **** bro

its cut in half so the power of having 2 cpus if one pops other is backup

2 cpus lets say 1 ghz they both will split in 2 500 ghz = 1 ghz share load.

Nothing bad[/b]
                  i know it don't really mean anything but the 2 servers Gum listed would be stronger than the one server altho the one server is like having one and a half of the 2 servers if you know what i mean?.. in my views the 2 servers would be best for high flow stuff but if the one server is cheaper then go for it as its only a little down from adding the 2 together

Comment

completely depends on the competance of the coder to be honest (not saying your good or bad as ive never bothered looking at wap sources which u obviously seem to deal with) ... if your code is optimised then it makes a big difference. simply break down the main components of the servers.

CPU
                    think of it this way .. what do u need more .. faster algorythm calculations or more temporary memory .. optimised code will need less algorythmic calculations due to it inheriently being faster at reaching its final output. however badly optimised code will take far longer to do the same calculations (but in a bad way) hence needing more CPU resources to help... if its optimised go for the lower CPU's but 2 servers if its badly optimised then you better off with one better CPU.

RAM
                    You say you need the capability to run loads of mysql connections .. there are many players here .. my.conf regulates the number of simultaneous connections. more sites = more simultaneous connections = more chance of a few errors once in a while . this would mean that 2 servers would possibly be better (as combined they have a higher connection limit).. however thats not really about RAM but itpopped into my head and i wrote it anyway lol sorry

so both servers have 2GB of ram.. now this is the main trade off .. do you take a higher CPU with 2gb ram .. or take 2 lower cpus with double the ram to spread the sites across two servers. Once again this is all down to optimisation. But mainly focusing on bad optimisation of code. If its optimised then RAM should be further to bottom of teh list on deciding factors to be honest. badly optimised code generally needs more RAM.

I notice a lot of you tend to use mysql_fetch_array.. this kind of creates 2 seperate arrays with different keys (it actually doesnt but ts easier to think of it as two seperate arrays if you dont know how it works). This means it uses slightly more ram and takes a little longer to execute .. while the delay and ram is not noticeable on one simple query.. with the amount of queries you can have on one single page (and on some there are loads of uneeded queries if your scripts have even sniffed the lavalair/wapdesire source) the ram and delay become slightly more significant but not really enough to notice .. but then you have to remember when its all live you may have 20+ users on each site running all these queries and then multiply that by the number of sites ur hosting and the problem does start to show a little.

then do you reuse variable names.. if you use a different variable name when you can use one that is already in use but no longer needed it is better .. each variable is stored in RAM until the script finishes executing .. if you reuse variables you basically overwrite them (as you cant have two vars with same name obviously) hence less space in RAM is used

Theres also loads of other things that can eat RAM and remember PHP memory allocation limits may cause problem on a busy server but ur probably getting bored of reading now lol.

hard drive

HDD space doesnt really matter on wap sites i shud imagine. 500gb would be more than plenty but if you started hosting music files, videos, images and other stuff download sections start to become full and depending on the amount of uploads your 500gb may be eaten away after a while if you have plenty of sites (but i dont have a server on which i have loads of sites so i couldnt really give a number of downloads you'd have to offer across the sites to cause a problem with space although a universal download "bin" would be a far better thing to use if you host multiple sites (just an idea)

AND.... now im gonna stop typing .. not had any sleep so i figured i'd bore you half to death with a post while drinking a coffe and munching on a box of pro-plus tablets.. some people (most likely subzero lol) will disagree with most of wat ive said however im used to coding torrent sites that should theorhectically be able to handle 100,000 users, up to 40,000 active users with anything between 100,000 and 500,000 active peers .. and on an apache web server that feels like an impossible task but maybe one day i'll get enough users on board a site to put that to test :P

Comment

Working...
                    X