HOW TO CALCULATE the value of ones site ? pls guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW TO CALCULATE the value of ones site ? pls guide

hey friends can anyone guide me how to calculate the value or networth of a site , how genuine are the tools of sites which automatically help in calculating the value of a site

The tools are for entertainment purpose only, check your site value with them ... if its high then get drunk, if it is less then curse that site ... later forget it all
    If you want to calculate your site value then its minimum value (which usually is accepted by majority) is 10 or (maximum) 12 times the amount of $$$ it earns in one month through various ad / banner based programs (cumulative total)
    Site Valuation may also depend on various other factors, like for example twitter.com/israel was sold for $$$$$$ even when it was something made free of cost. (i know its not a site, just a twitter account - but it was the only example that came to my head right now)
    tinyurl.com/earnbymobile
    Easy earning for Indians
    ---------------------
    Alternative mobile advertising network .. Minimum 100 USD pay / NET15 pay cycle, Good Brand, Best targeting for Android
    goo.gl/6vub3

Comment

hmm okay but doesnt the value of a domain name n the script of the site add to the price of the site ,

Comment

Not all the time, only if the buyer takes a special interest and insists on buying the site along with the script. these days you get clones of everything (tho they dont have the same coding they however look the same).
        As for site name, as long as it does not end in .com , it hardly has any resale value. However .com may not remain the supreme TLD after few years.
        Last edited by morse; 18.09.11, 18:28.
        tinyurl.com/earnbymobile
        Easy earning for Indians
        ---------------------
        Alternative mobile advertising network .. Minimum 100 USD pay / NET15 pay cycle, Good Brand, Best targeting for Android
        goo.gl/6vub3

Comment

@morse I don't think anyone will give so much money on a site with or without a script ...(one month x 12)
          for example if we have a wapsite and earn about ~3000$ per month ...will become 3000 x 12 = 36000$ :O wtf :-s and that without counting owner work ,script ,domain ,etc.. (i think will count also pagerank ,search engine indexed ,maybe seo..)

Comment

PR , search index is all Garbage, if a site is not earning money its not worth maintaining (unless there are other emotional attachments)
            tinyurl.com/earnbymobile
            Easy earning for Indians
            ---------------------
            goo.gl/6vub3

Comment

there is a lot of variables that go into calculating a sites value

like for example... how much profit it makes i.e advertising/donations etc etc
              the site potential plays a major part also like nobody will buy a site that won't grow into something bigger
              also most importantly the cost in running the site like server fee's/licensing on scripts like for example paying to use vbulletin

best of getting a professional appraisal to gather how much a website is worth rather than relying on those sh!tty online site valuers

Comment

Working...
              X