Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Servers

hi .

o am still learning about servers etc . there is that many to chose from u you no idea which one is the best to suit your needs etc. as we are all wapmasters here and host wap sites . am sure you ghuys can point me in right direction.

first question. what is a dedicated server.

and secondly i need to be able to host maybe 10 sites on one server all with one login so am not here there and everywer.
    which is the best that allows all networks without any probs.

and how much am i looking at per month.

i have searched net for few months and its all very confusing the amount of servers there is .

please ppl point me in right direction. thanks in advance.
    Wapchat4u

Topsites4u

if you dont know what a dedicated server is then you will have no hope of running one as if its a root server that means you control everything and if summat goes wrong lets say with apache you have to fix it nd it's not an easy job if you have no idea what to do

and you can host as many sites as you wish hundreds if not thousands if you have the adequate server resources available

and for a decent dedi server expect to be paying 1 or 2 hundred bucks a month for one

Comment

if you dont know what a dedicated server is then you will have no hope of running one as if its a root server that means you control everything and if summat goes wrong lets say with apache you have to fix it nd it's not an easy job if you have no idea what to do

and you can host as many sites as you wish hundreds if not thousands if you have the adequate server resources available

and for a decent dedi server expect to be paying 1 or 2 hundred bucks a month for one[/b]

thanks. seems the one my friend has maybe isnt a dedicated server. i have had a look around and seems complicated but not that complicated . she pays 30 uk pounds a month . cant remember wot the control panel is . plesk i think.
      Wapchat4u

Topsites4u

Comment

your mate probably has a reseller hosting package

and it all basically depends what you want if you want full control then a root dedi server is what you want as that gives you control of what linux distro you install ubuntu/suse etc etc, and full control of apache/php/ftp/perl/mysql/shell/email yadda yadda

but if you dont wanna do all that then a managed server is what you might want as the host manages all that technical stuff and you just do all the normal stuff like add domains/sub-domains, emails, ftp accounts basically what you do on normal hosting plans

and plesk, cpanel, helm etc etc are useless dont allways give you the full control of a server and have to end up ccontacting your host for help im using webmin on my dedi server gives me complete control of absolutey everything on my server and its free to use unlike the other cpanels which charge a **** load to use

Comment

Working...
        X