How to query database to delete data at time > 00:00 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to query database to delete data at time > 00:00 hours

Hi guys, i've had problems. What i have in mind achieving is to get the total number of hits i get per day. If there's any other better than the method i want 2 use, i'll love it. Here is what i'm doing: when user visits, i calculate how many seconds from now till 00:00 hours, then add it to current time. Then i query database to delete all data where current time > user's_visit_time.
    NB: user's_visit_time = time() + seconds to 00:00 hours. My problem is how to get how many seconds to 00:00 hours. Can someone help me. Thanks

Why not just set a counter that counts each visitor as they visit.
    Code:
    UPDATE database_name SET counter=counter+1
    Then at 12.00 pm
    Code:
    UPDATE database_name SET counter='0'
    Then if needed store previous counter it beore
    you clear to keep track of how many from the day,week,year before?

Comment

Originally posted by youngbobby View Post
      Hi guys, i've had problems. What i have in mind achieving is to get the total number of hits i get per day. If there's any other better than the method i want 2 use, i'll love it. Here is what i'm doing: when user visits, i calculate how many seconds from now till 00:00 hours, then add it to current time. Then i query database to delete all data where current time > user's_visit_time.
      NB: user's_visit_time = time() + seconds to 00:00 hours. My problem is how to get how many seconds to 00:00 hours. Can someone help me. Thanks
      To do this i would take the current time using the PHP time() then take away like so.

Code:
      $secondsleft = time() - mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m") , date("d")+1, date("Y"));
      Might have parse error i havnt tested for coding errors

Comment

I'm quite confused. Are you subtracting how many seconds to 00:00 from current time? It's a toplist that i'm doing and it's necessary i show user how many hits he had per day

Comment

Use a Cron Job at midnight.

Comment

Working...
          X