Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML, JS for Project

Hey all!

A bunch of us have been putting together a web-based drawing app. In a nutshell, users connect in real-time to draw or chat on a sort of interactive whiteboard. Plenty of these are made in Flash, but we are determined to build it in HTML5 (and JavaScript); a site that immediately works on mobile (because it's not Flash), tailors to everybody from drawing tablet users to people who want to screw around, chat and play games — and with an awesome, modern look that other apps lack. The thing that works so well is these kinds of programs give you a lot of freedom of expression that I think by making more accessible we can popularize, and truly get a future-proof, lasting community going.

Current drawing apps aren't too popular as they're not accessible to the host of many devices people use, chatting's not versatile or user-friendly enough to compete with chat sites, and their designs look god-awful like it's still the 90's. So with what we're after, there's insane potential in this project.

This is the interface. I hope it gives you some sense of what we're aspiring for. It's predominantly HTML, CSS, and JS with server-client communication in HTML5's WebSockets, and some points in PHP. If you're good with any of these, message me here, Skype drawplanet or email form@drawplanet.net. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. And if you're critical of anything, nothing's set in stone. It's very much a by the community, for the community type of project.

Also on the hunt for people good with P2P networking,
    node.js, SQL, or server management.

looks awesome

Comment

Thanks!

At the moment we're hellbent on completing the first build with full-duplex drawing. A lot of JS goes into developing the tools. PHP's mainly account integration and forum features.
      In design there's a separate UI for mobile, and in fact for anybody good with Photoshop or vector graphics there's some cool stuff we're keen to create.

Drop a message, or do Skype or email, if it's a project you want to get behind.

Comment

Working...
      X