Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

user profile script

I already have my forum script,
    users can post in the forums and create topics but I want to give every user there own profile how would I begin ?
    Last edited by Matt_dowd91; 02.04.12, 20:25.

You need to collect their registration data, do while() loop and display it on the profile page.
    Its several lines, not script so thread moved in Coding forum.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM.RS

Comment

im a little confused myself on the while loop arnage?

Personally i would start with the database and adding new rows to the users sql such as location, about etc etc

Now by sounds of things you already have a forum set up which would also mean you would need to set up an edit profile page as well

damn things are starting to get longer.......

*Does a quick exit out the of topic thinking "nooooooooo way to much work than i will do for free"* lol

Comment

=]

thanks ill start and maybe share the script when im done just one quick thing I get error with this code

Code:
        <?php
         echo '<a href='/redirect/"member_profile.php?username=''. $name['user'] . '">' . $name['user'] . '</a>';
         ?>

Comment

Yep, he said:
          "I already have my forum script, users can post in the forums and create topics"

... which means that they have registered and "collecting data" is with query with while loop for first step.

For example:

PHP Code:
          $read mysql_query('SELECT * FROM `registered_users` // the rest of query');

while (
          $users_info mysql_fetch_array($read)) {
          echo 
          $users_info['registered_id'].' <a href="./index.php?page=profile&amp;id='.$users_info['registered_id'].'">'.$users_info['registered_nick'].'</a><br/>';

Than goes to list the profile:
          PHP Code:
          $user_profile mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query('SELECT * FROM `registered_users` WHERE `registered_id` = '.$id.''));
          echo 
          'your id is: '.$user_profile['registered_id'].' Name: '.$user_profile['registered_id'].'...'
          My point was him to ask and show what data registered users have and show him step by step.
          <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM.RS

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_dowd91 View Post
            thanks ill start and maybe share the script when im done just one quick thing I get error with this code

Code:
            <?php
             echo '<a href='/redirect/"member_profile.php?username=''. $name['user'] . '">' . $name['user'] . '</a>';
             ?>
            PHP Code:
            <?php

echo '<a href="/redirect/member_profile.php?username='$name['user'] . '">' $name['user'] . '</a>';

?>

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by something else View Post
              PHP Code:
              <?php

echo '<a href="/redirect/member_profile.php?username='$name['user'] . '">' $name['user'] . '</a>';

?>
              thanks I got muddled up lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_dowd91 View Post
                thanks I got muddled up lol
                also add more rows to ur user sql, insert more data.. and hit thanks instead of writting thanks doe s/r or anyobdy else.

Comment

Working...
                X