Mgigs 1.0 Freshrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mgigs 1.0 Freshrrr

So i have started work on the Mgigs 1.0 codenamed Freshrrr, im done with 80 per cent of the skeleton part, but im not gonna pretend to know everything. Anyways i will use this thread to request help and stuff, feel free to contribute.

Added after 9 minutes:

First question, i want extensibility and i love the way wordpress handles this so i have started making add filter and hook functions. This will make it easy it add plugins, if you have anyway i could implement plugins like any popular software does, holla at me.
    Last edited by CreativityKills; 06.06.11, 17:17.

no reply? Hmm, anyways, ive covered that part, now i need a template, it doesnt have to be anything flashy as the web master should be able to add new themes, so please post mobile templates i can use as default template, i will mention any contributors in the scripts credits.

Comment

Originally posted by CreativityKills View Post
      i love the way wordpress handles
      Like!

Can you please tell what you need.
      Do you mean template?
      Where do we based?
      Last edited by kei_ki7; 07.06.11, 08:04.
      Did I help you?
      You can help me too
      Your donations will help me finance my studies.

Comment

What filters? You think regular expresions?
        I can search my old hdd for some ready-made designs, but perhaps it would be better to tell me what to and how to be default and i make it so. Just need a few markup elements to know what will be and "how" will be done fast.

Anyway, this will be an interesting project.
        Last edited by arnage; 07.06.11, 08:22.
        <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM.RS

Comment

Originally posted by kei_ki7 View Post
          Like!

Can you please tell what you need.
          Do you mean template?
          Where do we based?
          just a default theme, any mobile or .mobi compliant theme would be good, nothing flashy.

Comment

I see im not getting much help here. Anyways, i was wondering, about making the site utf-8 compliant and well PHP wouldnt know utf-8 if it hit it in the head (atleast versions below 6)...well i need to know if the performance hit it MAY have on the site is woth it, any contributions? Or should i just go ahead and use normal ascii.

Comment

UTF-8/without BOM, all the way
              It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
              ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
              ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
              キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Originally posted by metulj View Post
                UTF-8/without BOM, all the way
                I ported a UTF8 class that works with mb_string and iconv extensions to the application, so i can validate special characters without problems like
                PHP Code:
                var_dump(strlen('äليفثàäâîñçäèþýûîöñ')); // Invalid result
                var_dump(UTF-8::strlen('äليفثàäâîñçäèþýûîöñ')); // Thats better 
                Added after 3 minutes:

Does aanyone know any good ACL class that doesnt enforce database abstraction layers to it? Ive tried phpgacl but its too complex, and then Tackle seems okay but too much redundant code + its too closely knitted with ADODB and i use a different abstraction layer. Zend ACL uses their Zend DB, and Cake PHP is just awful.
                Last edited by CreativityKills; 11.06.11, 13:35.

Comment

Do more research bro u will get it soon enough, i dont think anyone here can help you much because most dont understand. i take it your using your own framework entity. why dont you create an ACL class then that is fully abstracted and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by antony2kx View Post
                    Do more research bro u will get it soon enough, i dont think anyone here can help you much because most dont understand. i take it your using your own framework entity. why dont you create an ACL class then that is fully abstracted and clean.
                    already done, and yeah im making it a sorta framework. 90% of it is done anyways. I just need to clean up the framework and start creating a core application (as a plugin) that is detachable.

Comment

Great smart idea if you need any php or ruby help i am willing

Comment

its turning out to look like an extensible cms than a community lol. Um which do you think will be the preferred method. I want the admins to be able to create pages from the admin panel, now i could either store the pages in db or as file, which would rock more?

Added after 2 minutes:

quick view of what im working with http://mgigs.widaafrica.com
                        Last edited by CreativityKills; 11.06.11, 21:20.

Comment

From a builder perspective use both store in db then save in file and serv the file as cached data, each time the db is updated just update the file

Comment

due to encoding issues, i wont use database, ive settled for file driver but i will probably make a hook so its fetchable from database too

Comment

ok then i understand, so which file class will u use Php DOM or simple html dom?

Comment

Working...
                              X