Make your site faster by 89,99% faster.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • frostymarvelous
    replied
    Pconnect has got its downs. I started using prepared statements with pdo, templating, still figuring out a way to cache search results. But all in all, I've avoided code islands, messy code. Though each script runs about .05s longer when run individually, under load tests I run, the overall efficiency and speed is really great.

    Leave a comment:


  • subzero
    replied
    thats new pconnet lol

    Leave a comment:


  • GumSlone
    replied
    Originally posted by morency View Post
    PC not blocked for the moment .
    The only app browsers who send headers there are opera mini and bolt
    HTTP_X_BOLT_PHONE_UA
    HTTP_X_OPERAMINI_PHONE_UA
    I dont know others .
    I think only indians users come from t9space ..


    ohh , I remember i changed the mysql connection type , from mysql_connect to mysql_pconnect (persistent one) .
    I read is good for sites with big traffic .. the persistent connection dont make a new connection each time a PHP page is called up.
    yes, pconnect is better, im using it too.

    Leave a comment:


  • morency
    replied
    PC not blocked for the moment .
    The only app browsers who send headers there are opera mini and bolt
    HTTP_X_BOLT_PHONE_UA
    HTTP_X_OPERAMINI_PHONE_UA
    I dont know others .
    I think only indians users come from t9space ..


    ohh , I remember i changed the mysql connection type , from mysql_connect to mysql_pconnect (persistent one) .
    I read is good for sites with big traffic .. the persistent connection dont make a new connection each time a PHP page is called up.

    Leave a comment:


  • GumSlone
    replied
    Originally posted by morency View Post
    + I blocked Indian users ( lol?! )
    Lol, this is another way to reduce the server ressources usage

    + you can block pc, t9space proxy, opera mini and ucweb browsers

    all t9space and ucweb users have us ip's and dont send any x_forwarded_for headers.

    Leave a comment:


  • morency
    replied
    I moved on other hosting company ... better server 3x times more RAM .. CPU average load is max 0.5% :-|
    nginx sux for me because I was unable to configure so I moved my ass in other place .
    I made few optimisation in queries + gzip + I blocked Indian users ( lol?! )
    Soon i will make the page caching .. just need to up my users with 2-400+ online to have a motivation

    Leave a comment:


  • subzero
    replied
    i mite know why lol

    1. Script i use is apache and Nginx lol

    Leave a comment:


  • GumSlone
    replied
    Originally posted by subzero View Post
    i installed nginx on my billing server and it had the up most crapped out lol i mean 100 was on it then boom dead server....

    Unstalled nginx 100+ on billing fine lol wtf
    works fine for me, the server can handle now about 40% more users as it was before.

    Leave a comment:


  • subzero
    replied
    i installed nginx on my billing server and it had the up most crapped out lol i mean 100 was on it then boom dead server....

    Unstalled nginx 100+ on billing fine lol wtf

    Leave a comment:


  • GumSlone
    replied
    install memcached to cache your database query results (facebook and vkontakte use it too),
    use templates engine like smarty,
    avoid multiple css/javascript files,
    compress css/javascript,
    also use nginx reverse proxy for static content (big russian sites like rambler and vkontakte use it),
    you can also use mysql table type memory instead of myisam if you want store the data temporarily, eg for online users or chat messages.

    this is actually the best way to speed up your site.

    Leave a comment:


  • opticalpigion
    replied
    easy way is database and page caching.

    Leave a comment:


  • GumSlone
    replied
    Originally posted by morency View Post
    So , you recommend , for a site ..let's say with 500online users (real ,ofcourse) the cron job to be set to 1m up to 1h ?!
    dont do that, because when the mysql runs the optimize/repair query and some other processes will write data to mysql it may break the table structure, make a cron to optimize mysql once a day, at night time when thr traffic is low.

    Leave a comment:


  • subzero
    replied
    its upto how much bullsh()$*#t users use like

    Inboxing
    Chat
    Forums
    Online

    or having overhead over 1 kb in phpmyadmin

    Leave a comment:


  • morency
    replied
    So , you recommend , for a site ..let's say with 500online users (real ,ofcourse) the cron job to be set to 1m up to 1h ?!

    Leave a comment:


  • subzero
    replied
    restarting httpd is not a good idea as does nothing to phpmyadmin

    My old site had 500 + members online and cpu was 1.92% as user was online using httpd i notice once i had 100 members my cpu was 4.99% or more i don't remember its was old lol days but i did this tick ever time user login or brows the site it will optimize the site.

    then my cpu jump to 2.99% and it was using mysql too many times so i set corn jobs

    got my self a 1.92% adv speed and now i can defate my scripts with gzip so the site is moving hell alot faster then my old one but its has not had users online yet as it is still in beta mode as i don't yet pay to sell ads for my site like i did before...

    Prodigits do the same way but in other way as it is in asp coding.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X