Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to android webview app, second life for your mobile website

Hi,

i have developed an android webview app, which loads your site as an app, you can add it also to google playmarket, if you are interested in such app i can post my code with a step by step description for noobs how to set it up.

Just let me know if there is an interest in such topic.

Hey Gum Yes would be Awesome :D

Comment

i would also like to have mobile site as webview app. please give instructions
      thanks

Comment

Nice. Lets try it out.

Comment

yes Gum. go

Comment

Yes it is intresting if you can add more options like browser..........

Comment

yes its good thing most people now use apps that sites

Comment

First of all download Android Studio from:
                https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
                Im using a mac version, but there might be a Windows version too.

Download the zip file Flirty94.zip extract it and open the folder with Android studio.

After that open file /Flirty94/app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml

Edit the <string name="app_name">Flirty9 Dating</string>
                with your app name.

Edit /Flirty94/app/src/main/res/layout/splash.xml
                replace in android:src="@drawable/flirty9_logo" /> the flirty9_logo with your logo filename without extension,
                ie. my_logo.png should be android:src="@drawable/my_logo“ />
                the image file can be placed per drag and drop into the drawable folder found at /Flirty94/app/src/main/res/drawable/

place in android:text="www.flirty9.com" the domain of your site

open /Flirty94/app/src/main/java/media/twowap/flirty9/MainActivity.java

find webview.loadUrl("http://flirty9.com/");
                and replace http://flirty9.com/ with your url.

to change the app icon right click the app folder on the app folder -> new -> image assets and select an image file which should be used as an icon. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2015-10-11 00.07.39.png
Views:	1
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	152589
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2015-10-11 00.07.49.png
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	152590

optional to change the package id:
                • right click on the root folder of your project.
                • Click "Open Module Setting".
                • Go to the Flavours tab.
                • Change the applicationID to whatever package name you want. Press OK.
                click Play icon in the Android studio to run the app, the .apk file of the app can be found in the /Flirty94/app/build/outputs/apk folder

a demo app you can download from http://xchanger.mobi/x519268

Comment

im a newbie in android app development, this is what ive got so far, if any issues, just ask me here, will try to help.

Comment

you rock gum, very nice share for most of the peeps here

Comment

I don't have an android anymore but by the description this looks awesome. I'll try anyway to set it up these days.

Comment

The .apk file of the app can be found in the /Flirty94/app/build/outputs/apk folder but one file is app-debug.apk and another one file is app-debug-unaligned.apk but no more app create so where is the problem just help me. my os is windows..

Comment

Originally posted by mrjustin View Post
                          The .apk file of the app can be found in the /Flirty94/app/build/outputs/apk folder but one file is app-debug.apk and another one file is app-debug-unaligned.apk but no more app create so where is the problem just help me. my os is windows..
                          you can use the app-debug.apk it should be your file

Comment

After edit and change the icon it shows old icon after install looks like a heart icon how to fix it.

Can you help me how to decompile and recompile apk file via apk studio ...
                            Last edited by mrjustin; 21.11.15, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjustin View Post
                              After edit and change the icon it shows old icon after install looks like a heart icon how to fix it.

Can you help me how to decompile and recompile apk file via apk studio ...
                              but all other thing work? I mean it opens your url and shows your app name right?

Comment

Working...
                              X