Plz help puting johmcms on my site.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plz help puting johmcms on my site.....

When I put johncms v4.4 on my site (not free hosting ) it says server not found ...then i check the forum and i found that i have to delet php_flag and some other line.... Then it start the instalation process . But after finishing setup i logout and tried login again...... But the admin panel is gone . I mean the panel folder is still in the directory but the admin loging is not apearing again... It says page not found and direct to a johmjcms error page.... Any idea what is going on.... Or any working vertion of johncms? Older wil also be alright if that work....
    Thx 4 understanding....
    Last edited by Myregistercd; 21.02.12, 15:32.

Delete htaccess

Comment

JohnCMS is one of the most crappiest CMS ever to walk the earth. Doesn't work on various environments, setup is a butt pain. I'd rather just build a static php site.

Comment

Originally posted by CreativityKills View Post
        JohnCMS is one of the most crappiest CMS ever to walk the earth. Doesn't work on various environments, setup is a butt pain. I'd rather just build a static php site.
        i'd really like to read more detailed opinion,
        why exactly JohnCMS is the crapiest CMS ?
        and what environments have you in mind ?
        editing script and adding modules might be pain..
        but setup is quite easy imho
        It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
        ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
        ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
        キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

In my opinion, when scripts are being developed as open source, a lot of things should be taken into account. It seems to me jCms dev ignored that simple rule, hell I've been developing my own cms for a while now and I can't tell you how many times I have had to rewrite it.

A good cms should be extremely simple meaning that anyone, php knowledge or not, should be able to use it without bothering about deleting or editing .htaccess or having to ask my server admin to disable or enable anything. I should also be able to run it on shared hosts that stupidly don't support .htaccess. Jcms works without .htaccess but it becomes less secure.

Apart from that, I ripped apart the script, its really poorly written, I don't kno much on this but I'm guessing it gives the cpu hassle esp with a lot of traffic.

Added after 21 minutes:

...And like u said editing and adding modules is a major bummer. It should be drag, drop and activate.
          Last edited by CreativityKills; 21.02.12, 21:02.

Comment

Working...
          X