• Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me

help check
    http://xxxtop.net this error came after it reached 10active sites
    This page contains the following errors:

error on line 89 at column 13: AttValue: " or ' expected
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
    in which file i have to edit , i tried it in few files but cant find that error line

Delete this:

Code:
    <table align=center border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=1 width=600>

<!-- Start xhtml -->
    </table>
    In <br> add self closing tag like <br/>

Those are invalid in XHTML Mobile: <center> , <left> Use CSS for positioning.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM.RS

Comment

it would parse if you used quotes eg:
      <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="600">

Comment

MP doesn't support that align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="600" bro, just <table> and the design goes to CSS. This is copy-pasted from some old HTML 4.01...
        Anyway it is empty in that page...
        Last edited by arnage; 09.12.11, 21:47.

Comment

thanks friends mainly in which file i have to look for that code, thats important

Comment

Originally posted by arnage View Post
            MP doesn't support that align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="600" bro, just <table> and the design goes to CSS. This is copy-pasted from some old HTML 4.01...
            Anyway it is empty in that page...
            adding the quotes is a quick fix to get his site working again as most browsers will parse it even though its not strict mobile xhtml
            Code:
            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]error on line 89 at column 13: AttValue: " or ' expected[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by f1chandru View Post
              thanks friends mainly in which file i have to look for that code, thats important
              How can anyone know that but you?

Originally posted by something else View Post
              adding the quotes is a quick fix to get his site working again as most browsers will parse it even though its not strict mobile xhtml
              Code:
              [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]error on line 89 at column 13: AttValue: " or ' expected[/FONT][/COLOR]
              Actually it ain't, it can't parse those attributes in MP. Download the source code and save it like page.xhtml and try to open it. It will fail. And in that case its easier to change DTD to XHTML Transitional.

Code:
              XML parsing failed

XML parsing failed: syntax error (Line: 114, Character: 5)

Reparse document as HTML
              Error:
              mismatched end-tag

Specification:
              http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/

84: 
               85: </table>
               86: 
               87: <br>
               88: 
               89: <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="600">
               90: 
              111: 
              112: <!-- End xhtml -->
              113: 
              114:  </p></body></html>
              Last edited by arnage; 10.12.11, 01:05.

Comment

i know its not the correct way to do it but i dont think he is going to spend a lot of time fixing it as he clearly doesnt know enough xhtml ....
                so all im trying to do is help him get his site back up and running again
                so closing the line break like you said in your first post is also required for it to parse

Comment

I understand you completely bro but MP is a strict markup language and there is no point doing cuts on it, or it needs to be done right or DTD changed to Transitional.

Comment

problem solved thanks for the help, i got confused because the errror message and template coding is different and i cant find it in temp so i needed ur help

Comment

Working...
                    X