male and female online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

male and female online

can some one please help me i am trying to sort out so my online list can pick up both male and female online but on two diffrent pages

Code:
     $male=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT a.userid) FROM online a JOIN profiles b ON a.userid = b.id WHERE b.sex='M'"));
      $main.="Male Online:<a href=\"online.php?action=male&amp;sid=$sid\">".$male[0]."</a><br/>";

$female=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT a.userid) FROM online a JOIN profiles b ON a.userid = b.id WHERE b.sex='F'"));
      $main.="Female Online:<a href=\"online.php?action=female&amp;sid=$sid\">".$female[0]."</a><br/>";
    i keep getting errors on

Code:
     $male=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT a.userid) FROM online a JOIN profiles b ON a.userid = b.id WHERE b.sex='M'"));

$female=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT a.userid) FROM online a JOIN profiles b ON a.userid = b.id WHERE b.sex='F'"));
    can someone please help me with this i am trying to do it for the wapdesire v_2
    please

thanks to who ever helps me with it
    Last edited by brand; 07.11.11, 19:30.
    HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

i only work on wapdesire v_2 coding only

Inner join

(but in caps coding talk wont let me write it in caps :/ )
    Last edited by something else; 07.11.11, 20:07.

Comment

is that instead of a JOIN mate

this is the error message i got

Code:
      Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*************/public_html/online2/tester4.php on line 38
      Last edited by brand; 07.11.11, 20:10.
      HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

oops sorry .... yeah needs to be JOIN .... whats the error you getting when it was the other way?

Comment

Originally posted by something else View Post
          oops sorry .... yeah needs to be JOIN .... whats the error you getting when it was the other way?
          the error is where its trying to pick up just male and female members so eg:

male members:

tom
          micky
          harry

female online:
          joe
          lisa
          wendy

i want it to show it on two pages

so this bit is trying to get just the female members

Code:
              $noi=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT a.userid) FROM online JOIN  profiles ON a.userid = b.id WHERE sex='F'"));
          and this is to try and get male members
          Code:
              $noi=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT a.userid) FROM online JOIN  profiles ON a.userid = b.id WHERE sex='M'"));
          HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

can anyone help me with this please
            HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

hmm.....

$noi=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(online.userid) FROM online LEFT JOIN profiles ON online.userid = profile.id WHERE profile.sex='M'"));
              Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

Originally posted by GumSlone View Post
                hmm.....

$noi=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(online.userid) FROM online LEFT JOIN profiles ON online.userid = profile.id WHERE profile.sex='M'"));
                thats does not work thanks for helping me gunslone
                HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

great coding mate......

Comment

looks like you need to join 3 tables in the query ill get it soon for you lol

Comment

thanks ori
                      HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

if u wana setup a free hosting account and upload the basic v2 script i can help ya, cant b assed 2 do it myself lol

Comment

Originally posted by fullcircle View Post
                          if u wana setup a free hosting account and upload the basic v2 script i can help ya, cant b assed 2 do it myself lol
                          fullcircle do u think i am daft i have my own server and my coding is staying there thanks
                          HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

dont want ur crappy coding lol i said the basic v2 script that u can download ere. U got ur own server but u cant even code seperate pages 4 for male and female online goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by fullcircle View Post
                              dont want ur crappy coding lol i said the basic v2 script that u can download ere. U got ur own server but u cant even code seperate pages 4 for male and female online goodluck
                              the plain v2 is on here go look for it and i got the pages i need thank you very much i just having problems getting it to show things

i have now fixed this thanks to everyone who helped please close this now thanks
                              Last edited by metulj; 04.12.11, 02:50.
                              HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

Comment

Working...
                              X