For beginners: keep footer on the bottom of the page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For beginners: keep footer on the bottom of the page

It frustrated me a lot on my first days on web development: keeping the footer on the bottom of the web page.
    I did those two clean and simple examples: you can see them and copy the source-code.

mysterio.al - programming is a functional art

position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;

thats all what you need to do.
    Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

Originally posted by GumSlone View Post
      position: absolute;
      bottom: 0;

thats all what you need to do.
      Thanks for the reply.
      But that's not "all what you need to do".

You are generally correct but you will always need "more properties" to make it work as it should.
      Generally, position: absolute; bottom: 0; - will either overflow elements, or position in the left-bottom side of the screen (not on the content).
      mysterio.al - programming is a functional art

Comment

• Mysterio
        Mysterio commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't doubt your skills but I don't doubt mines either.
        And yes, position absolute is the thing; that's what I also did in the example/demo if you saw it before commenting. But position absolute is not all it takes.
        Cheers!

• GumSlone
        GumSlone commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, ok, it was just my recommendation how to do it, its up to you how you make it. I have made several sites where it works for me so i just shared my experience.

• Mysterio
        Mysterio commented
        Editing a comment
        hahah, come on, you also know "position: absolute; bottom: 0;" doesn't work if you don't add the other (necessary) properties.
        no doubt you did several sites, but your example is just a part of the solution.
        --
        as the title says, its an example for the beginner on how to do it ;)

There is more than one way to boil an egg - how ever most are bias to the creators browser.

Eg: I should imagine safari will render the objects slightly different than firefox - so setting it up perfect on 1 web browser is not always the best way, rather than trying to cater for them all

Comment

Working...
      X