[for those who monetize] Banners vs. Interstitials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[for those who monetize] Banners vs. Interstitials?

I know that some companies have recently rolled out some new interstitial ad units that look very native to the phone. They are getting a great response.

Banner ads seem to be a thing of the past. I've heard manny people complaining about largely ineffective they've been. But some still find that they work just fine.

Do any of you who advertise on your apps find banners useless as well?
    Or do think they work just fine and will continue to generate income for your app?

There are not many Applications developer here. However from the point of perspective of application user, the new floating ads are too much irritating.
    ----
    Sorry had earlier posted in the wrong topic
    tinyurl.com/earnbymobile
    Easy earning for Indians
    ---------------------
    Alternative mobile advertising network .. Minimum 100 USD pay / NET15 pay cycle, Good Brand, Best targeting for Android
    goo.gl/6vub3

Comment

Originally posted by morse View Post
      There are not many Applications developer here. However from the point of perspective of application user, the new floating ads are too much irritating.
      ----
      Sorry had earlier posted in the wrong topic
      So from the user point of view, you prefer banners to a full scree interruption?
      Haha i guess that makes sense...anything that doesn't get in the way of game play or using the app.
      Aesthetically speaking, though, whats less annoying?
      A small flashing banner at the bottom or top? Or dismissing a popup once in a while?

Comment

I've made a small test recently with this if I will generate more clicks or revenue if using banner or text link
        in a small mobile site wherein most of the visitors are using symbian phone and most traffic are from asian countries, it seems text ads is more effective than banner ads.
        I'm thinking that maybe most of them turn off display images when browsing or the images didn't load properly due to small memory capability of their phone or maybe due to slow internet connection
        so as of now, mostly i'm using a text ads
        Last edited by modfiles; 08.09.12, 04:14.

Comment

Originally posted by modfiles View Post
          I've made a small test recently with this if I will generate more clicks or revenue if using banner or text link
          in a small mobile site wherein most of the visitors are using symbian phone and most traffic are from asian countries, it seems text ads is more effective than banner ads.
          I'm thinking that maybe most of them turn off display images when browsing or the images didn't load properly due to small memory capability of their phone or maybe due to slow internet connection
          so as of now, mostly i'm using a text ads
          That's actually really interesting...
          I've heard some using push notifications have done well. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by TapitZac View Post
            That's actually really interesting...
            I've heard some using push notifications have done well. Thanks for the response!
            Along those same lines, then, would push notifications be a good comparison to text ads or would you consider them to be a completely different category (as far as ad type)?
            Both display text but one (i believe) uses sms and the other is sent to the notification bar of the phone...
            So the question is which is more noticeable, more user friendly, and therefore most effective?

-Users who deal with ads are more than welcome to comment on this topic as well

Comment

Working...
            X