possible new admob rules thata re not told to us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible new admob rules thata re not told to us

I have quite few sites that runs admob ads and if i remember correctly only had 3 problems with them. i never had my account disabled due to a problem but had sites stopped and/or denied. one of them was waptrack which generates highest income. last problem with it was back in nov 2009. i was told that pageas leading to adult category can not have admob ads. fair enough, ive created landing pages for adult category and it was ok.

Until yesterday. Admob stopped displaying ads on waptrack and disabled it without any notification. After some stressful hours i finally got my reply from them

They've said:
    ---------------------------
    "Thank you for contacting us. Please remove any adult sections from your site if you plan to feature AdMob ads. Featuring AdMob ads on any site with adult content, even if only links, is in violation of our terms of service. Please only feature a maximum of two AdMob ads per page, and please ensure that these ads are placed in such a way that they will not generate excessive or accidental clicks. Once your site has been modified to comply with these terms, you can contact us, and we'll examine your site to see if ad flow can be restored.

Kind regards,

AdMob Support"
    ---------------------------

So they now closes sites with any adult content even if you are not displaying admob ads on adult part. They also allow only 2 ads per page. I thought it was 3.

I now moved adult category to another domain and re submitted my site but as if it is a murphy's rule these things always comes to weekend!

I am not sure if they will accept new setup. They being acquired by google scares me. they would say you can't link to adult content sites. putting all your egss in one basket is bad but if that basket is only solid basket around things get worst!
    Last edited by asidana; 29.05.10, 18:54.

Your extremely right, I recently started to work with them. They are actively monitoring my account due to the type of application I am hosting their ads on. I will see how long this friendship will last lol.
    wapZan Mobile site builder - Yours is here

http://wapzan.com?ref=2wap

Comment

you should try inmobi i get with them almost the same revenues also their fill rate is high,
      i was since 2006 with admob its very begining,
      they had a toplist by ad-impressions for accounts and i remember that my account was in top 3,
      if they had problem with your site the contacted you to remove the ads from the pages,
      the also invited me to meet them at Oktoberfest in Munich
      since that time many things changed.
      Now they have many publishers and i dont think admob cares about their publishers, they simple ban your accout with all active sites if there is something they dont like.
      Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

the feeling i get from admob is same. you feel some what worthless with them. i never got my account banned (yet) but reading and hearing about horror stories is enough to put me under stress.

problem is that out of all networks i tried, admob has the best fill rate. saying that their fill rates and income gone almost 50% down with in last 3 months for me while my hits are same. i assume other ad networks started to get admob's advertisers.

i have same feelings against google. they are smilar to their publishers (well unless you are a big corporate publisher) and i hope things won't get worst with their acquisition but i some how don't believe that
        Last edited by asidana; 29.05.10, 20:48.

Comment

any company hell bent focused on making the most revenue is the same

Comment

now they have disabled some of my sites which where active since im registered with them, is strange to me.
            Advertise your mobile site for FREE with AdTwirl

Comment

The only reason I use admob is to use my pending earnings to advertise my site. Im going to be using Gumslones AdTwirl soon and see how that goes
              Visit my site

Comment

At least they didnt block your account as they did to my XD

Comment

Working...
                X