Secure your community sites easy and working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure your community sites easy and working

To secure your scripts and to prevent sql injection attacks and js foul codes just add this functions to your core.php
    (if get_magic_qoutes already in your core, so dont copy or include it anymore.)

ini_set("display_errors", "0");

if(!get_magic_quotes_gpc())
    {
    $_GET = array_map('trim', $_GET);
    $_POST = array_map('trim', $_POST);
    $_COOKIE = array_map('trim', $_COOKIE);
    $_GET = array_map('addslashes', $_GET);
    $_POST = array_map('addslashes', $_POST);
    $_COOKIE = array_map('addslashes', $_COOKIE);
    $_GET = array_map('addslashes', $_GET);
    $_POST = array_map('addslashes', $_POST);
    $_COOKIE = array_map('addslashes', $_COOKIE);
    }

function cleanInput($text) {
    $search = array(
    '@<script[^>]*?>.*?</script>@si', // Strip out javascript
    '@<[\/\!]*?[^<>]*?>@si', // Strip out HTML tags
    '@<style[^>]*?>.*?</style>@siU', // Strip style tags properly
    '@<![\s\S]*?--[ \t\n\r]*>@' // Strip multi-line comments
    );

$output = preg_replace($search, '', $text);
    return $output;
    }

function sanitize($text) {
    if (is_array($text)) {
    foreach($text as $var=>$val) {
    $output[$var] = sanitize($val);
    }
    }
    else {
    if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
    $text = stripslashes($text);
    }
    $text = cleanInput($text);
    $output = mysql_real_escape_string($text);
    }
    return $output;
    }

cleanInput and sanitize functions can prevent it all.To execute the functions in your script just add
    sanitize(cleanInput(
    in every $_GET and $_POST in your script.
    For Instance:

$data = $_GET["data"];
    or
    $data = $_POST["data"];

now add sanitize and cleanInput functions like this...

$data = sanitize(cleanInput($_GET["data"]));
    or
    $data = sanitize(cleanInput($_POST["data"]));

if you use cleanInput function in posting message in forums, inbox and shoutbox all javascripts and php snippets will not be posted instead a blank message will be post so much better not to use cleanInput function in the mention above part of script instead use sanitize only.Add this function also in register.php to prevent bypass auto registrations with commands.

To secure your uploader against C9 script shell attacks just create a .htaccess file in the directory where the uploaded files goin to be save and add this global command to your .htaccess file..

php_flag engine off

It will disable all type of php detected uploaded by your visitors no matter what the file extension they uploaded.
    It was so very easy mates and i hope that it can help you lot to secure your sites.Dont 4get to hit thanks if you think this post is useful hehehe =

Anyway for those who know how to prevent session stealing/grabbing please post here how. Cause i really need it badly hehehe.
    I already secured my site sessions.I use
    $tm.$randomsid in login .php base64_encoded instead of $uid.$tm md5 encrypted sessions.
    I think this is not enough so please anyone help me to prevent session stealing..
    Heres my site that for me almost perfect.

hehehehe, lol....

PS:
    Bro riderz if you read this post PM me so i can give you the css gallery script.I have lot of things to ask you mate.

will this work on wapdesire v_2 script
    HELP THEM WHO HELPS YOU

i only work on wapdesire v_2 coding only

Comment

I dnt thnk ur file uploader is protected frm other dangerous script. and d best way to prevent sqli is to filter all queries.

Comment

yeah and the $_POST function.... we must have to secure that ...
        com site: http://vampist.net
        download site: http://wapdloads.net
        fb: http://www.facebook.com/pmplx

Comment

Where We Can Add The Code..??At The Top..??

Comment

base64 ?? get rid ! base64 is not a cryptographic hash algorythm, it is used to provide a textual string representation of binary data, no more no less. MD5 is more than secure enough, if you implement it with a user specific salt (store the passhash + a random length salt in the users table, when a user logs in, take username, fetch passhash and salt, md5() the posted password + the salt or even salt+post+salt and check against the passhash). If you want to be a bit more secure you could use sha512 like i have been doing lately. but if you have a good auth system any one-way hashing algo that isnt from the 80386 century should be fine.

The addslashes i dont like, ive never liked global security measures, your implementing magic quotes at the interpreter level. For a modest security measure admittedly its ok.But if your concerned about security then you should sanitise data on a more direct level. On top of that its a performance bug too as your interating over a dataset where a lot of that said may not even be used.

as ive said its modest security on user supplied data with no encryption on your indentifier. If i am right from what ive interpreted from your post and your usin base64 then use a real hashing algo and id say for a wapsite your probably secure enough unless you have a big whole somewhere in one of the systems. But myself personally wouldnt implement those features into any website project i get taken on for though.

Comment

Working...
            X