Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webdesigners and professional jobs

Hey friends, wats up?
    Well i just want to know that there are many people who are professional and advanced coder..
    Supposingly, if i too in future become an advanced web developer then do the companies hire the coders on project or on salary basis?
    Is there any scope??
    Should one go further with this or it is just a time waste? Expecting decent replies..
    This is my new community for wap coding. Come and join and experience real wap coding
    http://leonine.6te.net

if your good then its a fine field is freelancing. this week alone ive made just over $300 in my spare time after work (about 2 hours mon-fri and 4-8 hours sat/sun depending on what plans i got). I used to work on a project basis however clients are stupid most of the time and they never really know what they want. You quote $xxx for a project specification and they will no doubt add more and more too it that they "forgot" or didnt think of at the time. They dont all do it purposely but its that extra work you have to do that you never quoted for, change your quote and you will most likely lose the job.

I now mainly work on hourly pay rates ($20-$30ph sys admin / $10-$20 coding / >$10 bits and pieces like config setup ... all as a guide, you tailor the quote to what they ask, some companies on freelance sites have large project budgets and you can charge in excess of $50ph and still get the job) and so far ive probably doubled my monthly income with less work from the freelance jobs, so far its worked out for the best for me at least.

Best advice i can offer on this, especially if your going into design, is:

1. get a decent portfolio, make dummy sites if need be
    2. do some projects for pennies (when i started i did projects for $1 that lasted days, but its the feedback you need)
    3. dont try to beat the indians, its impossible, cost of living over there is a lot less so they work for a lot less, charge what you think is worth your time. Ive charged stupidly high prices on projects with people quoting $100's less than me and ive still got the project. Cheap quoting doesnt always work.

Comment

Thank you very much buddy.. Any other words from others?
      This is my new community for wap coding. Come and join and experience real wap coding
      http://leonine.6te.net

Comment

i have my company lazy entertainment, one of its part is web designing.every month i got more than 6-10 project.and when me and my staffs are busy,i hire coders re freelncer.and i ve gain profit from this section is more than 500-1000$.

Comment

Working...
        X