• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wat will happen if i put copyrighted material in my site

searched the net but couldn't get a clear cut answer so asked here

Originally posted by oruvan View Post
    searched the net but couldn't get a clear cut answer so asked here
    1st your host will get a warning...
    2nd you'll get warning by your hoster...
    3rd your account will be removed...
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    ⓣⓗⓔ ⓠⓤⓘⓔⓣⓔⓡ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓑⓔ©ⓞⓜⓔ, ⓣⓗⓔ ⓜⓞⓡⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓗⓔⓐⓡ !
    ιη тнєσяу, тнє ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ α яєѕυℓт σƒ тнє тнєσяу, вυт ιη ρяα¢тι¢є ιѕ тнє σρρσѕιтє.
    キノgんイノ刀g 4 ア乇ムc乇 ノ丂 レノズ乇 キucズノ刀g 4 √ノ尺gノ刀ノイリ!

Comment

Further 4th, you might be sued for copyright infringement..
      This is my new community for wap coding. Come and join and experience real wap coding
      http://leonine.6te.net

Comment

5th it completely depends on wat material your copyrighting, copying someones wapsite and making it available for download wont get you in any trouble at all, but making the latest movies available would probably land you a few years in jail

Comment

had u not come across sites having them(latest movies).
          wat is the difference between host & hoster

Comment

no ive not since id never download anything like that from a direct source that i didnt control myself.

host and hoster are the same thing

Your host provides you with the resources to enable you to distribute illegal files, this is bad but not illegal and they will simply get a slap on the wrist and an informal warning to monitor their customers more carefully.

You will be providing the content, you are the distributee and you are the only who will get the jail sentence if your caught.

Think of it in torrent terms, running a torrent site is not illegal, you can know there is illegal content there and it is still not illegal (to some extent). However if you go to a torrent site and upload/distribute a movie, thats illegal and you will be the one to be fined/jailed, not the site owner. This is why when torrent sites are taken down they raid the data center as there main point of focus, as once they have the database they can sue the uploaders which are their main target, not so much the owner.

If your worried about it too much then dont do it, you clearly dont have the knowledge or expertise to even attempt cirventing detection. If your not too worried then go for it, but never let yourself drop into the belief that your are invincible, as you will always lose.

Comment

so running a file hosting site with full of illegal (copyrighted) material would not cause any problem to me.ok will been opening it

Comment

so running a file hosting site with full of illegal (copyrighted) material would not cause any problem to me.ok will been opening it
                it will cause proble to you not to your host because you are hosting illegal files
                Follow me @ksg91 | My Blog: http://ksg91.com | Nokia Blog: http://NokiaTips.in

Comment

the files where uploaded by the user only then how it might be a problem for me.take a look at rapidshare with how many illegal content in it.

Comment

Just put a disclaimer on your site claiming that you believe all the files hosted on your site is "in the public domain" and that if someone owns it, they must contact you and you will remove it

Comment

ho its like the government saying "go with anyone 4 ...
                      but wear a ...(cover)"

Comment

ok simple bottom line, what you intend to do is downright illegal, theres no get out clause, you pretty much kill any chance of winning any court disputes if your caught (oh and they CAN and will claim in excess of $20,000 per audio track you have on the site, dunno what they average for loss of sales on other content, and yes it really is that steep).

Your users may be uploading the content however you are distributing it, you are providing a direct service and resource to allow the actual data that is copyrighted to be shared. Whereas with torrent sites you only host a meta file which links users together to share the data. The main difference you can look at (the simplest way i cnan think to put it too you), is the fact on a torrent site NO copyrighted data passes through their network, thats their get out clause, your service will directly pass copyrighted material through a network you (for all intents and purposes) own.

Without a shadow of a doubt what you intend to do is highly illegal, and the list of possible repurcusions from jail to bankruptcy is endless. However you've gotta get caught first, wap sites are small fish, there pretty much a waste of time pursuing unless they have no one else to activity go after. So there is a chance that you could operate for years and not be caught. However that doesn't make you uncatchable or invincible, some of the best underground groups in the business get caught every hop and catch and they have more money, resource and intelligence in this game than anyone here.

All in all however its your decision, this is just information you dont wanna hear as it doesnt suit your ideal result, but theres the facts, you've been warned

Comment

how will they find me that I am the owner of that site

Comment

how will they find me that I am the owner of that site
                            because your host is legally bound to provide ALL details of your account to the relevant authorities, like lee says the chances if them coming after are smaller than they would be for someone owning a massive file sharing site but the fact remains what you're proposnig to do is illegal.

Comment

hoster/hostie has to bay copyright laws.....

if you dont they will find you by 2 steps

1. hoster that hosting you will give your info to the police/fbi/lawers
                              2. if you using a domain they will search up on CNET TRUST so any hiden info will be shown who and who owns it..

simple but easy.

If you use freehosting they can delete you and you will never be allowed to host there again... so basic quit when your ahead with no copyrights
                              Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
                              Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
                              _______
                              SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
                              Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
                              FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
                              _______
                              Info & Tips
                              php.net
                              w3schools.com

Comment

Working...
                              X