Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Forum Rules.

This terms of being safe and users being happy.

There will be rules you must apply too.
1. No fighting this also includes shoutbox ...
2. No Spam links into shoutbox ....
3. Grabbers are banned to be sold but allowed to share.
4. Selling scripts that is posted here is NOT ALLOWED!!
5. Selling service's is allowed etc hosting,domains,scripts install allowed only you and the client know the trust.
6. There will be no swearing at staff or members or anywhere !! !!
7. Coding scripts and php code MUST be coded into or Any one that posted with out block code like rules 7 will auto be deleted to you understand to use them type of bbcodes this will save time for admin's doing it also we are getting sick of seeing a page of 1094+ long with your error code.

If you broken the rules admins will inform your actions.

You will be warn 3 times MAX if you choice to not to listen then you will be BANNED for a week.

Keep it up later you will be Gone for good!

Sign up again this will just slap you ip deny ban ! means your time here is done for good.

Remember keep the forum clean and sweet and nice !!

We all here to help you with your errors and coding but remember we are not slaves!

If you wish to change your USERNAME inbox GUMSLONE.

Update
Any users wanted a freelancer or script builder and willing to pay for it don't pay in front contact one of admins and they will swap the deal of.. Anyone found founding the system will be banned from the site.
Be safe trade with me ( subzero ) if you want to deal a freelancer they will have to go though me.
As to make sure i know ( india ) having problems with paypal but it is better then moneybookers where you can't get a refund from unless the other person sends it back..

All this to keep your time here a enjoyable time and have fun !
See more
See less

vbulletin fix for apache + nginx

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin fix for apache + nginx

Here is a fix for vbulleting forum sites which have installed apache with nginx proxy on the server,

without this fix all users of the site will have the same ip (the ip of the server the site installed at)

the problem can appear if you set timeout limit of 15 minutes after several login fails, this will cause that users who login with correct username and password will receive an error message like: You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again.

so here is a fix:

open includes/class_core.php with your editor and replace functions fetch_ip()
    and fetch_alt_ip()

by this:

PHP Code:
    function fetch_ip()
        {
            if(isset(
    $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"]))return $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"];        
            else return 
    $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
        }

function 
    fetch_alt_ip()
        {
            if(isset(
    $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"]))$alt_ip =  $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"];        
            else 
    $alt_ip =  $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];        #$alt_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP']))
            {

$alt_ip $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];
            }
            else if (isset(
    $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']) AND preg_match_all('#\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}#s'$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'], $matches))
            {

// make sure we dont pick up an internal IP defined by RFC1918

foreach ($matches[0] AS $ip)
                {
                    if (!
    preg_match('#^(10|172\.16|192\.168)\.#'$ip))
                    {

$alt_ip $ip;
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }
            else if (isset(
    $_SERVER['HTTP_FROM']))
            {

$alt_ip $_SERVER['HTTP_FROM'];
            }

return 
    $alt_ip;
        } 

i have simpy added the $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"] to both functions because thi is the enviroment variable which shows the correct user ip in nginx

after i fixed mine i found a similar article here: http://wiki.unixcraft.com/display/~g...+load+balancer

You can use $http_remote_addr and set:

server { underscores_in_headers on;
    Last edited by Anshul; 11-07-09, 12:30.

Comment

I too have smiliar problem on my apach and nginx as proxy server.. I can't get this modification to get work with the latest version of Vbulletin 3.8.4..

Please give me the updated version of this modification or please attach the modified file for me..
      Thank you.

Comment

here is the editet file for vb 3.8.4 i havent tested it because here is an older version of vb installed, hope it works.

extract it and upload to includes/ directory

Comment

btw. another way to get real ip is to install the mod_rpaf install instruction which worked for me you can find here: Reduce Apache’s Load With Nginx On RHEL 5.2 - Vpire Blog

Comment

Thank you very much... It works :D

Comment

Working...
            X