• Show
Clear All

Mod Rewrite ... Help

ok i have the chatroom page...

mysite.com/chat/

on this page i have the links to

mysite.com/chat/general
    mysite.com/chat/teens

with teens and general both being chatrooms.

Now..

what i want is a form on mysite.com/chat that will allow a private chatroom ...

<form action="i dont know " method="post">

Private Room: <input type="text" name="room" value="" maxlength="15" />

<input type="submit" />
    </p>
    </form>

What would I put in form action? Or do I HAVE to make a simple redirect script.. i.e Will just pass the variable post to a page that will sort out the right url for me.

I Hope this makes sense.

hmmmm try
    add the variable to the form then use the $_REQUEST to call the variable from the url and form so.

Code:
    <form action="page.php?private=$variable " method="post">

Private Room: <input type="text" name="room" value="" maxlength="15" />

<input type="submit" />
    </p>
    </form>

Comment

I fixed the easy way to do this

Code:
      echo "<form action=\"What-php.php\" method=\"post\">";
      echo "<input  name=\"room\" value=\"$room\" maxlength=\"20\"/>
      ";
      echo " <input type=\"submit\" value=\"SUBMIT\"/>|<input type=\"reset\" value=\"RESET\"/> 
      ";

echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"action\" value=\"Where\"/>";
      echo "</form>
      ";
      Visit: Chat4u.mobi - The New Lay Of being a site of your dreams!
      Visit: WapMasterz Coming Back Soon!
      _______
      SCRIPTS FOR SALE BY SUBZERO
      Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
      FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
      _______
      Info & Tips
      php.net
      w3schools.com

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subzero @ Feb 5 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
        I fixed the easy way to do this

Code:
        echo "<form action=\"What-php.php\" method=\"post\">";
        echo "<input  name=\"room\" value=\"$room\" maxlength=\"20\"/>
        ";
        echo " <input type=\"submit\" value=\"SUBMIT\"/>|<input type=\"reset\" value=\"RESET\"/> 
        ";

echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"action\" value=\"Where\"/>";
        echo "</form>
        ";
        [/b]
        I think you did not understand me. @Loony that does not work.

I don&#39;t think what I want to do is possible.

Imagine this

[myinputboxishere]privateroom[endinputbox]
        [submit]

when i enter privateroom into the input box i want the url im going to, to be mysite.com/chat/WHATEVERIHAVEINPUTTED

It don&#39;t matter, i do not think its possible i will just make a redirection script.

Comment

You want links to work in a selete ?
          _______
          Chat4u Script : coding-talk.com/f28/chat4u-mobi-script-only-150-a-17677/ - > Best Script for your site no other can be hacked by sql or uploaders.
          FileShare Script : coding-talk.com/f28/file-wap-share-6596/ -> Uploader you will never regret buying yeah it mite be old now but it still seems to own others...
          _______
          Info & Tips
          php.net
          w3schools.com

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subzero @ Feb 5 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
            You want links to work in a selete ?[/b]
            Look at this url you should get an idea of what i mean http://kyle-young.com/chat/

Notice where the first two links go to. That is the same sort of thing I want the input to go to.

Comment

i have something like this on my site the navi input i just used a redirect to do it but im sure there would be a better way to do it

Comment

cut out chat/ try ../chat/
                _______
                _______
                Info & Tips
                php.net
                w3schools.com

Comment

Lol, no that won&#39;t work. I know the <form action="chat/" is wrong just now. Don&#39;t worry im just going to make a redirection script. Bare in mind there is no /chat/general/ folder on my server. It doesn&#39;t exist. Mod_Rewrite just makes you think there is.

Comment

i know how to mod things
                    _______
                    _______
                    Info & Tips
                    php.net
                    w3schools.com

Comment

Yeah sorry. Anyway I got it working with a redirect script but if anyone knows how to do one without the redirect that would be great.

Comment

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html

Learn the hard way lol
                        _______
                        _______
                        Info & Tips
                        php.net
                        w3schools.com

Comment

LoL... too much time reading and too little implentation.

Comment

Well have to learn the hard way to get it right i had too
                            _______
                            _______
                            Info & Tips
                            php.net
                            w3schools.com

Comment

Working...
                            X